Ham Radio and Bee Keepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a GMDSS international general operator's certificate count?

went to all the studies for SSB... have licence
also have radio on boat.... rarely use it except on Ch 14 when in the Sound
Has a magic red button for 7 types of Mayday including piracy... hope I never have to use it!

ok ... what frequency are we shooting for .... as we have an Italian Gentleman contesting on 7.1200 ?

Still waiting on my order from Martin Lynch and sons who clearly don’t have good stock levels as stated on their site. So won’t be there myself. Got my Apidea's though so may paint them as the weather looks good.

Bee Keepers Net

I'm working 7.1173 MHz

Hi Everyone, Try calling on 7.120 but I din't realise that there was a contest on, and all the Frequency's were occupied, The only one I could find that was clear was 7.1620 and was calling from 10.35 to 11.00. for Joiners for the Bee-keepers Net , I had 7 contacts, All none Bee-keepers, Will try again next week, on 7.1200. I can only apologise for picking a day when a Contest was on, If any one want to pick another day and time for a sked? just PM me
de G0CSK Peter

2E1GUD but also inactive... It's amazing to see the crossover between ham radio and beekeeping!

Do over on 7.120MHz at 10:30am on Sunday for those at a loose end and in reach of suitable equipment.... Regards G7JMZ ...

Last edited:
You do realise there is a clear connection between CCD, neonics and radio waves?

That is why the US suffers badly from CCD - far more ham radio enthusiasts.

Band - sorry I mean ban - neonics and ham radios and problem solved..

Hi Everyone, Try calling on 7.120 but I din't realise that there was a contest on, and all the Frequency's were occupied, The only one I could find that was clear was 7.1620 and was calling from 10.35 to 11.00. for Joiners for the Bee-keepers Net , I had 7 contacts, All none Bee-keepers, Will try again next week, on 7.1200. I can only apologise for picking a day when a Contest was on, If any one want to pick another day and time for a sked? just PM me
de G0CSK Peter

if you choose a freq above 7.100 you may inhibit quite a few peeps that have older rigs that only TX up to 7.1

from M0ANK qth birmingham

if you choose a freq above 7.100 you may inhibit quite a few peeps that have older rigs that only TX up to 7.1

from M0ANK qth birmingham

Rigs easy to open up just snip a couple of Diodes, I have done all 3 of mine Kenwood AND 2 Yaesu's, any one needs INFO on conversions just PM me de G0CSK

Freq ... band

I dont think we are too hung up on the freq. If anyone feels strongly and would like to nominate another frequency or band then just say the word ...

My Drake TR4 made it out of the loft at christamas and is now sitting under my bench waiting to be turned on after a break of 20 years.

Looking to re-build the PSU before applying power so project delayed.

To many hobbies and not enough money!

G0FGJ

Picked up my icom 7000 today also Little Tarheel 2 screwdriver antenna. Separation kit for the rig. Wife just asked me if I'm doing anything productive tomorrow. Yeah right, I'm fitting rig to car should take most of the day. She reckons that’s the wrong answer. Back on topic, just waiting for four hives then I'll be productively treating them and getting ready for the new season. Don't know when I will have time for the decorating.

Latest posts

Back