Ham Radio and Bee Keepers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterxix

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have been a Radio Ham for 30 years Call Sigin G6ZFX also G0CSK, but I am new to bee keeping, I remember years ago on the Ham Radio bands there used to be a Bee Keeping net on the 40m and 80m bands, So I am trying to get a list of all Bee Keepers who are Radio hams, so we can set a net once again, If any one is interested just PM me de Peter G6ZFX/ G0CSK:thanks:

I have been a Radio Ham for 30 years Call Sigin G6ZFX also G0CSK, but I am new to bee keeping, I remember years ago on the Ham Radio bands there used to be a Bee Keeping net on the 40m and 80m bands, So I am trying to get a list of all Bee Keepers who are Radio hams, so we can set a net once again, If any one is interested just PM me de Peter G6ZFX/ G0CSK:thanks:

G6XDD de G4WIL. 73s
VM

Grandfather was a radioham G4BSY. ....Sat for many hours when I was young listening. Wonder if any of you exchanged QSL cards with him !

Welcome Peter From M1DPU.

73s

G3EFX Harrow club but inactive in recent years and no longer have a viable set at home

Likewise not QRV ,have all the gear but antennas .could throw out 60 ft wire I suppose :D
Eckolink would be fine by me .So easy to set up a conference !
VM

I have a USA bought Icom marine hf ssb on my boat that is clipped so can receive and transmit on the ham bands, but only use the ham side to receive weather fax's, etc.
I did look at getting a ham licence, but had a problem with the Morse...
I never heard of any Beekeeper nets but did get lots of buzzing sounds on the radio at times... :)

Last edited:
Requirement for morse has been dropped both sides of the pond :(
VM

I thought mobile phones killed ham, surprised to see people still using it, can you get a condensed set the size of a mobile ?

I have been inactive for some years myself until this week. Waiting for my icom ic-7000 to turn up. HF mobile though. I do have a G5RV about somewhere I could put up.

QUOTE=Peterxix;300866]I have been a Radio Ham for 30 years Call Sigin G6ZFX also G0CSK, but I am new to bee keeping, I remember years ago on the Ham Radio bands there used to be a Bee Keeping net on the 40m and 80m bands, So I am trying to get a list of all Bee Keepers who are Radio hams, so we can set a net once again, If any one is interested just PM me de Peter G6ZFX/ G0CSK:thanks:[/QUOTE]

Hi Peter....
I have a sneaky feeling that I am in 'I got myself a convoy territory' and yes that is a question. ;) Can I have a load down. Sounds like fun. Could we become storm chasers when there aren't any swarms about?

Latest posts

Back