Hagley Honey Show Pics

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCBrum

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
8 ish
Hagley and Stourbridge Beekeepers are holding their annual honey show today, Sat 19 Sept 2009.

Here's the link http://www.hsbka.org/events/event.p...&F=September&time=9&mins=00&ampm=AM&loc_ID=99

I popped along to have a look at the judging and was met at the front gate by the club treasurer Julie, who was operating the home produce stall. I bought an Apple and Honey cake, and two pots of Damson jam, which she assured me were home made, having made the cake herself. (note to self: put her in the little book then)

They told me that the respected judge, Mr Julian Routh, had requested restricted public access until judging was finished at 2pm, but since I was going to put some pics on 'Beekeeping Forum' I could go in. Fame at last.

I said hello to Mr Routh, who was delighted for a couple of pics to be taken, and noted he was explaining carefully his judging criteria to his steward and a small group of keen beeks watching the proceedings. He is also a Bee Inspector in the midlands, and has been kind and helpful to me in previous conversations.

There was a fine display of honey in many classes, with cakes and mead, and other craft classes.

The many Trophies were displayed, to be awarded later.

One craft display interested me, which was a plywood temporary eke, made from four sheets of 9mm ply, which slotted together to hold a large contact feeder, or indeed any other desired contents.

The Hagley and Stourbridge beeks looked set to have a great day. Honey was on general sale at £4 per 1lb jar.

Pics follow in successive posts -

Here's that folding temporary eke, it seemed useful to me.

I like the idea of the folding eke. Certainly easier to store than a spare super!!!

AP :)

...whats the geezer with the father christmas beard, doing with that yellow thing???

i think it is kind of a lamp and he checking how clean is your honey??

just a guess.

Lauri

The gun was a craft exhibit, I think it only fired rubber bands, but whatever you do ............

Don't give it to Fris !! :leaving:

Ahem, ...... can't have been me :blush5: ............ I never tell,

:ack2:

JC,
sorry didn't spot you. I was there on and off through the day.
The rubber band gun is the creation of my 12 year old lad. He does accept commissions....

I just hope that chap got best beard in show, otherwise I'd hate to see the monster that won!
:cheers2:

Nice pics.

Pete K

Back