Gwenyn Gruffydd Welsh black bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a law to stop imports and protect our native stocks, bees are not humans with silly leftist opinions. They open mate so anything in the area directly effects their genes.
I'm against any imports, maby not so much AMM from close by, I don't care what if they are buckfast mongrels, carnica, linguista, a mix of any of them they should all be banned and people breed from stocks they have that way wild bees stand half a chance.
You are entitled to your opinion of course and to air it here but none of this is going to happen thank heavens. We have many more things going on in this country to worry about other than a handful of hobby beekeepers wringing their hands.

There should be a law to stop imports and protect our native stocks, bees are not humans with silly leftist opinions. They open mate so anything in the area directly effects their genes.
I'm against any imports, maby not so much AMM from close by, I don't care what if they are buckfast mongrels, carnica, linguista, a mix of any of them they should all be banned and people breed from stocks they have that way wild bees stand half a chance. AMM is still by far the dominant subspecies in this land and for good reason, all these imports just hinder their survival its not only selfish to use foreign genes but irresponsible to. Take a look at our native Red squirrel, cray fish or another species humans have cooked up with their arrogance and imports.
Fortunately it appears most beekeepers don’t agree with you, the bbka can barely get half its members to sign a petition for a much pushed flagship policy, and the BFA certainly aren’t interested. One can only wonder the reasons as we have such amazing local bees and breeders in the UK😇

You are entitled to your opinion of course and to air it here but none of this is going to happen thank heavens. We have many more things going on in this country to worry about other than a handful of hobby beekeepers wringing their hands.
Aye unfortunately alot of people mix up their beliefs with what's best for uk bees. I like to call it soppy leftist views over common sense but hey ho people keep importing their bees and destroying the nations stocks because its easier and they are probably brainwashed that way. You think they'd learn after all the cock ups like to red squirrels but when we are complely reliant on bee imports because of it let's hope the supply keeps up.

Fortunately it appears most beekeepers don’t agree with you, the bbka can barely get half its members to sign a petition for a much pushed flagship policy, and the BFA certainly aren’t interested. One can only wonder the reasons as we have such amazing local bees and breeders in the UK😇
Most bee keepers couldn't agree on the colour of sh**e.
Yea there is still afew about fortunately, it's just a shame narrow-minded people can cock it up so easily just being within 6 miles 😬

Aye unfortunately alot of people mix up their beliefs with what's best for uk bees. I like to call it soppy leftist views over common sense but hey ho people keep importing their bees and destroying the nations stocks because its easier and they are probably brainwashed that way. You think they'd learn after all the cock ups like to red squirrels but when we are complely reliant on bee imports because of it let's hope the supply keeps up.
If native bees are so wonderful, why are UK breeders not producing queens and giving them to us cheap? That would encourage us all to have them.
Oh: no one breeds them in the UK in any volumes.
Says it all really.

Most bee keepers couldn't agree on the colour of sh**e.
Yea there is still afew about fortunately, it's just a shame narrow-minded people can cock it up so easily just being within 6 miles 😬
You should try moving to Kent if that’s the case there’s a bloke here who raves about how remote it is😎

If native bees are so wonderful, why are UK breeders not producing queens and giving them to us cheap? That would encourage us all to have them.
Oh: no one breeds them in the UK in any volumes.
Says it all really.
Oh aye just ask folk to produce tons of stocks and give them away for free, good buisness sense maby try setting up a buisness modle?
Hard to breed them in any volumes with all the mixed up foreign genes hear I'd guess?

You should try moving to Kent if that’s the case there’s a bloke here who raves about how remote it is😎
Good on him, I don't think I could stomach Kent though. Ireland would probably be my destination of choice, they seem to have abit more common sense when it comes to honey bees.

Good on him, I don't think I could stomach Kent though. Ireland would probably be my destination of choice, they seem to have abit more common sense when it comes to honey bees.
I wouldn’t be to sure there’s a fair demand for imports there just ask ITLD.

Show me a wild living buckfast colony that's over 4 years old int the uk.
show me any 'wild living' colony that's been there over 4 years - and give me proof as to their provenance - Buckfast or otherwise

So anyway, back to the original post, who is the breeder who supplies them with £30 queens which they turn into £300 nucs?
I believe he gets the nucs fait accompli from a local source rather than making them up with bought in queens for the Welsh blacks he offers.

Considering the member you are not so subtlety referring to has not contributed to this thread, I would ask you politely to refrain from these constant digs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back