Gwenyn Gruffydd Welsh black bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
24 + a few nucs....this has to stop!
Just came across their website and 'bees for sale' section offering nucs of Welsh black locally adapted bees sourced from a experienced local Beefarmer.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know who the bee farmer is or purchase nucs from these guys? Thanks

Just came across their website and 'bees for sale' section offering nucs of Welsh black locally adapted bees sourced from a experienced local Beefarmer.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know who the bee farmer is or purchase nucs from these guys? Thanks
I've not chased down the website but I always shudder when the word "experienced" gets trotted out. Over the years on the forum it has been associated with advice (usually questionable) quoted to new beekeepers who then turn to the forum for proper advice when things go inevitably wrong. Now the word "competent" is an entirely different matter.🤔

I've not chased down the website but I always shudder when the word "experienced" gets trotted out. Over the years on the forum it has been associated with advice (usually questionable) quoted to new beekeepers who then turn to the forum for proper advice when things go inevitably wrong. Now the word "competent" is an entirely different matter.🤔t
The sentence 'Welsh black locally adapted bees sourced from a experienced local Beefarmer' got me really curious!! This is such a questionable statement, especially when he goes on to say that there is no selection on the drone front!!

he doesn't breed any, he buys them in and makes up nucs
Yea but he keeps afew buckfast colonys, hopefully not close enough to cock up the Welsh black mating he buys in. I love watching his videos on YouTube but i hate that he uses and sells buckfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back