Grey pollen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
Picture removed by Bcrazy
Reason: Spite

Last edited:
Nice pics Bcrazy,they look classic Blackberry when comparing them to the disc you sent me :cheers2:

Picture removed by Bcrazy
Reason: Spite

Last edited:
I can't find the thread that was going about taking pictures of pollen, but here is a picture I just took using the £6.65 microscope I got on ebay, the microscope is a Philip Harris (forget what model) that I attached my digital camera to, it's not the sharpest picture I have ever taken, but I was only having a bit of a play, still, not bad results for less than £20, I think it is dandilion/mustard/buttercup or lime, well ribble hasn't got the book and CD yet :confused:

Pollen.jpg

i have seen my bees carrying in gray pollen an lime green pollen..does anyone know what flowers or plants they got them....thanks

I can't find the thread that was going about taking pictures of pollen, but here is a picture I just took using the £6.65 microscope I got on ebay, the microscope is a Philip Harris (forget what model) that I attached my digital camera to, it's not the sharpest picture I have ever taken, but I was only having a bit of a play, still, not bad results for less than £20, I think it is dandilion/mustard/buttercup or lime, well ribble hasn't got the book and CD yet :confused:

Pollen.jpg

Do you have a link for this microscope ? I tried looking for it on ebay but couldnt find anything !

Hi Dr. Nick

The photo of the pollen grains will allow sufficient structure to identify the name of the plant.

Would you confirm or otherwise that the plant you took these pollen grains from was Ragwort Senecio jacobaea I would have to look up the size of the individual grain to get a more positive identification.

Billy

I think your find the Grey pollen is from the many blackcurrant bushes that are in flower and fruit this time of year.

Here are the pollen grains from that load of pollen from the bees.

Regards;

Latest posts

Back