Green tomato chutney recipe wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting me know Tom, which recipe did you decide to go for? The problem with my recipe it was aimed at making the most of what you had and flavour probably wasnt priority.

Steve

It was your recipe Steve apart from the extra tea spoon of pickling spice, nice and simple and tastes great. I will be doing a 2nd batch later today but will shovel in the chilly this time :eek:

Brilliant, your making me want to make some now. :icon_204-2:

Steve

I deviated slightly and added two teaspoons of pickling spice. It was easy to do but does take a bit of time on the stove to reduce. I have enough tomatoes to make another 6+lb and this time will shovel in a few chillies and ginger.
Another variant I've been experimenting with in the apple/tomato mix is tamarind (as a block of dried fruit). Interesting sour notes to counter what might otherwise be too sweet.

Have just had to fell some tomato plants as blight had finally taken hold. The sliced green toms now look great in the pot, a gorgeous green, waiting to be cooked (somehow) but they certainly don't taste very friendly at the moment. Very pleased to have found this thread. - Thank you forum once again!

Have just had to fell some tomato plants as blight had finally taken hold. The sliced green toms now look great in the pot, a gorgeous green, waiting to be cooked (somehow) but they certainly don't taste very friendly at the moment. Very pleased to have found this thread. - Thank you forum once again!

I discovered this last year
It’s very good and worth trying
85730A86-4681-4D47-A300-696049093293.jpeg

And Saint Delia always reliable as ever having made this it is really tasty.
I would reduce the amount of cayenne to 2 grams ( unless you want to blow someone’s wig off)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back