Green mould on varroa board

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello everyone. I am a new beekeeper - I did the local beekeeping association course last year and have had a beehive in my garden since the autumn. I may need to find a new home for them but that’s another story! I’ve had a varroa board in for 10 days as I wanted to check levels and took it out today to do a count. It’s got lots of debris as you would expect as the bees are very busy but also a largish area of green mould towards the back which I’ve never seen before. I can’t go in to the hive as we are one week into the three weeks post split (this is the parent hive with the chosen queen cell and hopefully no others). Should I be worried ( I am anyway!) any advice gratefully received.
Allie

You're welcome. I used to dream about the things I should have done or the things I did wrong after inspections for a couple of years. I'm still a lowly hobbyist but I have 9 colonies so plenty of bees to help each other out. I'm much more relaxed about it now and so will you be ....honest.

Back