Green feeder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have three big green feeders and two work perfectly. The oldest one has a lid which now does not fit properly. Has anyone else had this problem and would you have any ideas how to fix it? I would contact the place I got it but they are closed today. Thank you in advance.

I have three big green feeders and two work perfectly. The oldest one has a lid which now does not fit properly. Has anyone else had this problem and would you have any ideas how to fix it? I would contact the place I got it but they are closed today. Thank you in advance.

Clingfilm it shut as a short term bodge.

That's a good idea thank you. I really want to make sure the hive has plenty of food for winter the weather has been so bad here this August. Also I hate to admit it but I may have mixed up the lids perhaps the older feeder has a slightly different lid. I am going down later to renew the feeders that are on the other hive so will investigate further.

Did you buy them off Maisemore's and when? a few years ago they had a batch of these feeders with lids that warped - they sold them off cheap. Maybe they are still suceptible to warping

The Maisemore green plastic feeder does the job (now that the poor moulding of the floor ribbing has been resolved) but I wouldn't buy another.

Reason: poly is a better insulator than plastic, and the Abelo poly feeder insulates well. I leave them on all year round and use them as crownboards, with a unvented Abelo poly roof on top.

Okay dont judge me but the lids all fit properly now. The older feeder is now with the old lid. I just didn't realise it was slightly smaller. I also keep the feeders on over winter and stuff the bottom of them with fondant. It seems to work. The poly feeders look excellent, I need another one and may buy one of these.

Well done. Easy mistake! :) We all make them but don't all admit to them!

Latest posts

Back