Grass cutting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Has anyone cut their grass (lawn) this year already?

If it stays dry over night might dragg the old lawn mower out tommorow and give it a quick high cut.

NOOOOOOOOOO dont cut it itll only grow again. My pet hate is cutting grass. :ack2:

I like a nice tidy lawn and am itching to get cutting it again, but dont want to be the first on the road to do it!

It is easy with a ride on mower so not that much of a chore

I am trying to be more green and not cut it so much and let the weeds grow, including the clover and dandelion so that my bees are even happier. I don't like doing it. I am going to set the cutter higher when I do cut it. At the moment the guinea pigs are keeping it short.

I cut my grass on high and do not collect the cutting, therfore saving on land fill/ petrol to take to land fill + it fertilises the lawn.

I also leave a few sections uncutt

But I do have one bit that a look after very nice:)

Cut my grass today, and very pleased I am.

Now on the slippery slope of cutting the grass

I have a female dog also , she's ruined the back garden lawn:(.
I have 2 front lawns one of which is seeded with that special quick growing grass that's been around for a few years.
I wouldn't recommend it for a bowling green but I've found it highly resistant to Sashas' attentions :) Yes I have cut my lawns (Thursday)

John

No grass to cut here but we are involved in major gardening as we have a huge slope behind the property, some 60 degrees of. The plan for that is some apple trees and then undersow with a stabalising grass, which will not be cut. The builders have made a retaining wall for us and we are going to move some earth about to make some veggie beds.

PH

Thanks for posting that Subbuteo... I really enjoyed listening to the guy. :)

Latest posts

Back