Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

MJBee 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
16 a mix of Commercial, National, 14 x 12, Dadant and a Warre
I can only cut the grass round my hives with a strimmer as the ground is too soft to take a mower.

Normally this is not too much of a problem but today I was just approaching the hives with the strimmer running when ALL the hives erupted and I had to beat a hasty retreat:mad: Fortunately full PPE on at the time or I would have been in serious trouble.

I have no idea why today should be a bad bee day.

victor meldrew 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Some of your Asian hornets winding them up ? or may I suggest turning your television down when the world cup is on :D.

John Wilkinson

AMAE 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
8, +1 new merge(I hope)
Sounds very familiar, my other half decided to run a scrub mower across the front of our hives a week or so ago. Similar response from our bees, only he didn't get off so lightly and took several stings to the head...left him feeling a might peculiar and somewhat more respectful!

Just wonder if your atmospherics are up to something? got a storm brewing?..we did- just the bees had forgotten to mention it!!LOL

AMAE

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Sounds very familiar, my other half decided to run a scrub mower across the front of our hives a week or so ago. Similar response from our bees, only he didn't get off so lightly and took several stings to the head...left him feeling a might peculiar and somewhat more respectful!

Just wonder if your atmospherics are up to something? got a storm brewing?..we did- just the bees had forgotten to mention it!!LOL

AMAE
i have to cut mine in late evening if iuse my petrol mower but have no problem with eletric flymo,i assume it is the fumes

AMAE 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
8, +1 new merge(I hope)
or maybe vibration...am I showing my age if I say something like...'it's a lot less bovver with a hover'.....!!

Latest posts