Got some new bees today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveselvage

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I had a call from a pest controller freind today asking if i would like a to collect a "huge swarm" of bees, a customer of his was frightened to go into the garden.
He was too busy to attend so i said i would go,armed with all my kit i turned up to find a bird box full of bumble bees and a lady nearly in tears.
I stuffed up the entrance and took them home and now they live in my garden.
Not all bad news though as she gave me the job of renewing a flat roof for a good price and £20 for fuel.

I had a call from a pest controller freind today asking if i would like a to collect a "huge swarm" of bees, a customer of his was frightened to go into the garden.
He was too busy to attend so i said i would go,armed with all my kit i turned up to find a bird box full of bumble bees and a lady nearly in tears.
I stuffed up the entrance and took them home and now they live in my garden.
Not all bad news though as she gave me the job of renewing a flat roof for a good price and £20 for fuel.

lol, small wold, I had a call today from someone with bees in a bird box, turns out they are bumble bees - I am taking so many calls but I now know what to ask for before I set off in the car :)

Jez

Latest posts

Back