Got bees and a son now!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi, so Itys been nearly 9 years since I last had bees!

lots gone on but in last few weeks I helped somone with their hive and in return obtained a frame of eggs etc and now have a thriving hiVE.

my son loves helping out

I am in East Yorkshire if anyone needs help or a chat

Attachments

• A93A051D-0B69-4003-9A88-76F37B2A030B.jpeg
    A93A051D-0B69-4003-9A88-76F37B2A030B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • D68FC810-DDD3-4D27-A5E3-889C7B8DC973.jpeg
    D68FC810-DDD3-4D27-A5E3-889C7B8DC973.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
Welcome to the forum and back to bees. Let us know how it goes. Just had a new forum layout so we are all getting used to it.
E

Gods country. Which part of East Yorkshire?
I've always considered the West Riding as God's own country ... except when talking to someone from Lancashire and then it's the whole of Yorkshire !

However, nice to see another Yorkshire beekeeper on here ... welcome back Jim.

Why do so many Yorkshiremen choose to live elsewhere, when they say that about God’s country?
It’s the same with Scots living abroad and banging on about “bonnie Scotland”

(Tin hat and exit stage left)

Why do so many Yorkshiremen choose to live elsewhere, when they say that about God’s country?

The Scots escape .. Yorkshireman are just intent on colonising the rest of World as a Yorkshire colony :)

my son loves helping out

Its so nice to see your son getting involved at such a young age. You must be a proud farther.

My oldest (3 yo) is interested in "daddy's bees". Yesterday he asked me to fix a "broken bee" he found, it was very sweet. He thinks daddy uses the extractor to make honey, then gives honey to the bees! So he still has a way to go on the theoretical side of things before I start him on any practical stuff.

Seeing your pictures makes me hope my boys stay interested in bees. I hope to take some similar pictures one day.

Welcome to the forum btw.

It is God's country but he likes it cold.

Latest posts

Back