Good Word for Thornes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never enjoyed Thornes. My perception of them was coloured I supppose by my dislike of their local agant when i started out.

There was a time when I had more equipment than I could ever need and was in the happy postion of being able to be smug about it. Then there was a fire and the whole lot went with no insurance. *shrug* Such is life.

Now I am rebuilding my outfit and am again dealing with them. Not always a smooth situation it seems.

There are other vendors and price wise pretty competitive. If they are a penny or so dearer I really don't mind as they are there. Please note that fact. They are there to be an option and with out support they might not be the next time.

PH

JCBrum,
Can we assume you are no longer a Thorne customer? I think we have possibly got that message. RAB

Your assumption is incorrect.

I will decide who I deal with. I order well in advance. RAB

Oh dear, you are an example to all I'm sure. :svengo:

I do not like some of the prices Thorne's charge. If that is the case I have several options. Do without, go elsewhere, buy a different make, make my own, or approach the problem/issue from another direction.RAB

So, ??

One can always e-mail or phone to check availability before submitting an order. RAB

I did. They hadn't got any.

I am sure that Thorne's would have budgetted for the year, predicted sales and kept an appropriate normal level of stock for those predictions. It is likewise very difficult for suppliers to make sudden, extra, un-budgetted deliveries, as they are in exactly the same boat! RAB

So what, ... they got it wrong.

Trading reports at the end of the year will show whether Thorne's managed to improve sales or exceeded targets or whatever. RAB

Hmmm, You may be a little naive here, but I'll give them, and you, the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

You obviously did not forecast such an increase in demand - or you would have thought ahead a little more. RAB

Not my job, I'm the consumer, they're the supplier.

As for the rest of the suppliers, who still have everything in stock, well done. They have another customer. They may well be running short of some lines, but where do you think that the majority of new beekeepers go for their first order? Yes, you've got it. Thorne. But no, they should not have sold their stock to them. They should have kept it on the shelf for you. Yeah, right.
RAB

Your words not mine, and I think you are being unnecessarily sarcastic.

You have said your piece. Probably enough for everyone.
RAB

I seem to have touched a raw nerve here.

I'll conclude.

>>I will decide who I deal with. I order well in advance. RAB<<

>Oh dear, you are an example to all I'm sure.<

This is a bit harsh. I think ordering well in advance, and therefore having equipment to hand, is a sign of good livestock management.

>>I will decide who I deal with. I order well in advance. RAB<<

>Oh dear, you are an example to all I'm sure.<

This is a bit harsh. I think ordering well in advance, and therefore having equipment to hand, is a sign of good livestock management.

We've had this discussion elsewhere oxfordbee. You should continue to congratulate yourself.

I will ... thanks for the compliment!

Time out lads.

The sun is now shinning and I have my happy hat on,help me out here :grouphug:

With pleasure...

Did you get much rain yesterday... it bucketed down here all yesterday so I had to drive out and check some bees to make sure they did not get an unwanted swimming lesson!

>I will ... < quote oxfordbee.

You're welcome. I hope you don't reach your climax too soon though, as you'll only want to do it again, and it's not good for you, you know. ;)

JC.

Last edited:
I made my first order with Thornes online on Sunday, I had made a mistake, so I phoned them Monday.

The parcel arrived today (Tuesday), it's all there incuding what I missed :)

So I'm pleased with them :cheers2::cheers2::cheers2::cheers2::cheers2:

Yours Roy

Latest posts

Back