Good service

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeboybee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
6 >12 - 14x12 + Nucs
just bought myself a few things to get going with this year,uncapping fork,bee,brush and a plastic feeding dish that fits inside the lid of my Nuc Box.
all good but the postman had been a bit rough and i opened the parcel which was very well wrapped up to find the feeder cracked on the corner so i sent Fragile Planet a email explaining the situation today i received a replacement feeder at no cost and less than 24hrs since reciving the first damaged one... really pleased with fragile planet and just thought i would let you guys know as they do seme to get a mixed review i will use them again :):)

This is good to know, what is the quality of the product like?

Mike.

the plastic is thin but flexible and clear i like it fits perfectly under the roof and is low profile so roof still sits nice and low, also i will need to move holes in crown board for bees to access feeder overall very impressed as its only a couple of quidbee-smillie

I've used Fragile Planet on a number of occasions.

Speed and quality of service is first class as is their price.

I've also had some great stuff from there including a smoker I bought 4 years ago.

There's certainly a place for this sort of supplier. If you combine Fragile Planet with stuff you can get from auctions, beekeeping need not break the bank

Not so sure about not breaking the bank.
Roughly In my first year:

Hives (4 seconds from Thornes) ~£520
3 lots of 5 frame nucs £320
new fence and gate ~£200
2 sheets of ply for making nuc boxes ~£ 50
Suit ~£120
Bits and pieces ~£ 50
Tool box £ 15
Wellies £ 12
Books £ 75
Membership & course £ 50
£1,412

I still need an extractor, maybe another hive or 2, a microscope!

Good job the Fivefooter(OH) doesnt know!

I think the OHs suffer a form of financial denial. :grouphug:

They see the constant stream of tools, timber and other bee keeping paraphernalia but innately know that they don't really want to ask how much it has all cost. They just know the figure is too big to swallow and so they rely on the fact that you have all those little helpers at the bottom of the garden and know that good will come of it all. :grouphug:

Three cheers for all the OHs. :grouphug::cheers2:

Just found out that my OH horses cost over £300 a month in feed , farrier and vets fees so my beekeeping hobby is an absolute bargain in comparison:willy_nilly:

I just tried this horse argument, which seemed pretty good to me.

She some what acidly informed me she does not own a horse.. bu***r!

Any suggestions?

PH

Last edited:
I just tried this horse argument, which seemed pretty good to me.

She some what acidly informed me she does not own a horse.. bu***r!

Any suggestions?

PH

Tell her that you will not accept any criticism over costs of your hobby as she was so careless as to lose the horse. :cheers2:

Latest posts

Back