Good Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Do any of you have the Cordovan Queens.
I would like to find out moor about them.

Trigger

The queen keeps laying in autumn,they eat all their stores and they build up slow thats if they dont die from nosema/acarine first.

I have one hive of Italians this year and they refuse to build up like all the other hives.

Welcome to the forum Trigger.

if you have a Cordovan Queen i would like to BUY IT ??
Cordovans Queen have a distintive feature what is it.
???????

Trigger

I what them any body got them
Cordovan QUEENS i need tham.

Trigger

Admin

I am a old hand at beekeping and i have a dob for the Cordovan QUEENS will let you now if you sell me one or tow
but do you have any.??????

Trigger

Cordovan bees have not black color in they body. I do not know has it any other difference to normal Italian.

Italian are so many. If I bye queen from north Finland, they srely survive over winter. If I bye them from Italy, part of them make brood over winter and will die.

Last time I bought queens from Italy, some of daughters tend to make brood as far as they have pollen. It take time to get rid off that characteristic.

PIC ON LEFT http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/cordovan.html

I think that they are only available in the USA. Imports of bees and queens from the continental USA are forbidden for several good reasons.
BEST WISHES
Norton.

NORTON

your are Queen breder what tipe of Queens are the best for the uk

p/s can you get any cordovan Queens just tow ????? or moor

Trigger

Finman

what type of Queens do you think are best for the uk.
and what type is best to breed tham ??????:

Tigger

Finman

what type of Queens do you think are best for the uk.
and what type is best to breed tham ??????:

Tigger

HAH, that is impossible to say. I have bought much queens from different frofessional breeders and queen are very different.

You have small country and much hives. What I have seen you bee pictures, bees are very mixed race. Who knows what they are. Folks like to continue with swarm queens and suoerceding queens. That is not breeding.

You national hives demand stock which is not good to lay. But I suppose that they are mixed and they are what ever.

To have good queens need continuous every year selective breeding. Who is happy to do that?

In my country during 20 years beekeepers number has dropped 60% but number of hives has increased. Yields are bigger than before.

We have Italian and Carnionan bees. Some say buckfast but I do not know.

Queen importing from south is continuous. I think that geneflow is good.

Last edited:
Back