Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Genetically Modified Organism - or "frankencrap" for short - a means by which companies seek to take over the entire food market, from seed to plate (see Monsanto) often spun as "will feed the starving" etc - which is patently utter pollocks (no GM product has EVER lived up to it's claims).
Believed to be toxic to it's consumers, (insects, humans etc) but as there's buckets of money being made............

Stonewaller 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
Are farmers in the UK using GMO crops? Do consumers want to buy honey which comes from GMO crops? Can I gaurantee that my bees aren´t foraging in GMO crops?
Stonewaller

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
As far as I know, here in the UK we are free of the awful stuff, apart from a few "trials" which have been weaselled through.
Europe as a whole made it's feelings known a few years ago with a resounding "no way" to it, but in the intervening years the power of the neocon lobbyists are succeeding in worming it into our lives, and along the way finding new excuses to paint it as "useful".... A lot of animals are fed on GM corn and soya imported from the third world.
If the crops are grown, you can't keep your bees out of it - sadly many consumers now believe the lies trotted out about GM, so they may well lap up GM honey before long................

Latest posts