Glad I went to inspect at 9am

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is only in the even of prolonged sweating that anyone is in any danger of losing vital minerals and stuff. As has been said, if one has been eating a proper diet, a few days of hot weather are very unlikely to cause any mineral deficiency. Also as has been said, extreme athletes will have to control mineral levels but then they control everything anyway.

During the past heat wave I spent almost every day outside, perspiring profusely at times and have not felt the need to add anything except a l little concentrated fruit juice just to make the water a tad more interesting. I also drank cold cider. :)

I might also add that I blame the complainers about the weather for the fact that it is now cold and damp, you have tempted fate, damn you! :nono:

Not quite!
If you are sweating then you are not dehydrated, just hot or maybe carrying too much fat?

If you are loosing body fluids too quickly then you may start to dehydrate. However, (contrary to the advertising blurb pushed by the well known multinationals), as long as you are able to urinate 4 times in 24 hours you are NOT dehydrated!
Ask any Asians you know, proper ones who have lived in Proper heat, not a few days @ 30-32 degs), they'll tell you that when it gets hot, they drink tea!

Think you may be wrong there as well!

lol

Seriously? Maybe you didn't read all I had written.

Sweating is a cooling mechanism. I'm sure you know that. Sweat is mostly water. Water escaping from the body leads to dehydration. We sweat when we're hot through exposure to external heat and also when we're generating heat through working our bodies. I'm no expert but it's all quite simple.

Also, the number of times you urinate in a day isn't directly related to how well hydrated you are. For example, I can spend an evening in the pub, urinate at least every hour, go to bed then wake up dehydrated. Figure that. "lol".

It is only in the even of prolonged sweating that anyone is in any danger of losing vital minerals and stuff. As has been said, if one has been eating a proper diet, a few days of hot weather are very unlikely to cause any mineral deficiency. Also as has been said, extreme athletes will have to control mineral levels but then they control everything anyway.

During the past heat wave I spent almost every day outside, perspiring profusely at times and have not felt the need to add anything except a l little concentrated fruit juice just to make the water a tad more interesting. I also drank cold cider. :)

I might also add that I blame the complainers about the weather for the fact that it is now cold and damp, you have tempted fate, damn you! :nono:

You speak sense but I disagree with the cold cider thing. A good cool pale ale is better (at least oop north).

What is your basis for these nuggets of information? I have certainly read many things which contradict your reasoning.

Again, I will repeat speak to anyone who has lived in India & they'll tell you to drink Hot Tea!
For my own experience, I have been in temperatures more than 10 deg higher than we experienced last week and for a much longer period of time! Drinking large amounts of water does not cool you down, it just makes you pee & loose salts!
You are better to use the water (on a damp cloth) to cool the areas of the body where blood-flow is close to the surface, (ie- wrist, inside elbows, temples and neck).

. . . the number of times you urinate in a day isn't directly related to how well hydrated you are. For example, I can spend an evening in the pub, urinate at least every hour, go to bed then wake up dehydrated. Figure that. "lol".

You wake up with a hangover not heat-stroke or dehydration!

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how the hell we managed before inventing tea! Oh yes, everyone drank from the tea stream.
One on every forum :rolleyes:

Again, I will repeat speak to anyone who has lived in India & they'll tell you to drink Hot Tea!

OK so just from your opinion & observation.
My friend in Israel carries an insulated water bottle so what does that say?

OK so just from your opinion & observation.
My friend in Israel carries an insulated water bottle so what does that say?

aah but is it full of water.It may need to be insulated to keep the tea hot!!!!;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back