Gingers dont need protection

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I noted the following post from Beesrob on another forum on 10 Sept:

"Suit or no suit. have to say that as far as I can recall I have never been stung by anything in my life. I'm told it is because of the colour of my hair [red] and that I stink to the average insect so bang goes that affair I had planed with that sassy little Queen. However it is also maybe because it is the quiet season"

Maybe that is why us inbreds get strung and use protection, and he doesnt!

Maybe Gingernut and others of a ginger phenotype can confirm or deny this phenomenon.

I noted the following post from Beesrob on another forum on 10 Sept:

"Suit or no suit. have to say that as far as I can recall I have never been stung by anything in my life. I'm told it is because of the colour of my hair [red] and that I stink to the average insect so bang goes that affair I had planed with that sassy little Queen. However it is also maybe because it is the quiet season"

Maybe Gingernut and others of a ginger phenotype can confirm or deny this phenomenon.

Hey................don't include me in this...........my hair was blonde..........now it's platinium..........my nick comes from the biscuit :cheers2:

Yours Roy
Not a GingGer

I think Alexander Pope might have had a better understanding, on two instances ,,,,,,,,

" Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread "

" No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday. "

He wrote a work entitled " An Essay on Criticism " first published in 1711, and in a poetic form known as 'heroic couplet'.

I wonder if beesrob has read it ?

;)

Neither Ann Robinson or Chris Evans have ever been stung whilst inspecting my bees, so there may be something in this.

Poential glitch identified AR and CE have never inspected my bees .... data may be flawed ... hang on while I check.

Neither Ann Robinson or Chris Evans have ever been stung whilst inspecting my bees, so there may be something in this.

Poential glitch identified AR and CE have never inspected my bees .... data may be flawed ... hang on while I check.

Just because you didn't see 'em doing it, doesn't mean they haven't.

You can't use one negative to prove another. It remains open to conjecture.

;)

I'd never let that plastic hag near any of my colonies in case they caught something.

apologies to anyone (?) who has a crush on anne robinson. As for that ginger t***, well, I'd love to see him standing in front of my worst hive with not alot on trying to dodge the missiles !

The youtube vid would make £millions.

S

Latest posts

Back