Gift Aid and BKA subscriptions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterbees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Conwy Beekeepers Limited is presently going through the process of changing from a non profit Company Limited by Guarantee to a Registered Charity, for various reasons: reduced accounting paperwork, reduced cost of auditing, and easier access to grants.
Are any BKA's claiming Gift Aid on their members' annual subscriptions?
Many thanks.

I'm not a current menber (health reasons) but when I was Okehampton Beeks used to claim the gift aid on my sub's.

Conwy Beekeepers Limited is presently going through the process of changing from a non profit Company Limited by Guarantee to a Registered Charity, for various reasons: reduced accounting paperwork, reduced cost of auditing, and easier access to grants.
Many thanks.

The Charities Act does not define what the 13 descriptions of purposes are in the Charities Act. Have you seen this flowchart describing how the law decides what is a charitable purpose?

http://assets.publishing.service.go..._law_decides_what_is_a_charitable_purpose.pdf

I'm not a current menber (health reasons) but when I was Okehampton Beeks used to claim the gift aid on my sub's.
That is encouraging :nature-smiley-016:

I was just wondering if you really did mean a Registered Charity ?
In scotland we have (SCIO) Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation and England and Wales have (CIO) Charitable Incorporated Organisation - launched in 2013 to combine the benefits of being a charity with those of being a company. Charities that take up CIO status do not need to register with Companies House or be subject to company law, but are registered with and regulated by the Charity Commission.
Worth browsing this http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/cio-structure-right-you/governance/article/1459581

Last edited:
Many thanks.

Ours - North Staffordshire - does..

The amount claimed makes the difference between Profit and Loss..

We encourage all new members to sign up for it - they have to pay tax of course ...

Thanks for the lead, Tim. I've contacted Devon BKA's very helpful Gift Aid treasurer, and he has sent me some really useful information.

Latest posts

Back