Getting propolis off jeans?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnkemp

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Quick question. Is there any easy way of getting propolis off clothes? I've got a large patch on a pair opf jeans and I'd like to get them approximating clean.

Thanks,

Pete

Doubt there is a real easy way to get them very clean. An organic solvent of some sorts? I use dishwashing powder for the floor, but that may not be very appropriate for jeans. Petrol, paint thinner, even surgical spirits might do the job (with the appropriate precautions)

Regards, RAB.

...you might like to try Eucalyptus Essential Oil, neat. It is often used to remove tar, so might be good for propolis

Try nail polish remover,sometimes WD40 will work as well.

What about putting them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight, it will /should become brittle and could possibly be rubbed off.

Worth trying as the clean option. (no pun intended)

Im with heather - soda crystals - you can dampen jeans and rub it in for a stronger concentrate if it is a really bad stain or just use 2tbspn in your wash and not washing powder needed. totally ok for machine - checked with out local machine chaps and they have never heard of a problem with it. I have found it in Morrisons but asda and sainsburys was a no go.:cheers2:

also great obviously for using on all your tools. used it on stainless spacers this year from the hive I adopted which i dont think had been clean since BC!

What about putting them in the freezer for a few hours or overnight, it will /should become brittle and could possibly be rubbed off.

Worth trying as the clean option. (no pun intended)

that was my choice too, dont put anything on it until you try this first

JD

Strange that Morrisons and asda dont sell Soda crystals,do you think proctor and gamble stop them?

Best to look for soda crystals on the shelf, not on the Internet. Sainsbury's sell it to me regularly.
Hive tools etc don't rust in a strong washing soda solution, with a spot of washing up liquid to keep the scum down.

If you are in the habit of putting your pants in the freezer in the hope of cracking off stains, then you will be getting talked about.

I'm essentially with heather and the washing soda on this one. If they are cheap jeans, the colour may change ever so subtly.

Nail polish for your nails, WD40 for loosening up nuts and Eucalyptus oil for congestion up the ol hooter. Unless of course you want to use washing soda to get them out of your pants. I'm told that some men use perfume to try to get women out of their pants. It doesn't work very well either! :)

"Sorry, we can't find anything that matches your search for null "

?

Strange why the link did not work for you? I just clicked on it again (and I am not logged into asda) and it came up no promlem.

And Hombre, what is wrong with shooping on tinternet? Save you the time if they do not have it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it Jim, just might find washing soda easier to find on the shelves than on the supermarket databases. it's not exactly a loss leader, so likely to one of the later items to make the cut. I have to confess to no experience on the supermarket shopping sites, so I could well be out of touch. I enjoy a bit of reparte with the checkout operators and noticing the occasional good looking female members of the customer base. Sad eh? :)

I would be absolutely stuffed without Internet shopping, but not for the weekly shop - yet.
Recent orders include, electronic components, raw linseed oil, blackcurrant bushes and willow rods. Everything that isn't found easily and cheaply in the local neighbourhood.

Out apiary opportunities established for 2010. A bit like buses. Both confirmed. Happy as a sand boy. Oh, no, that would be Happy as a WaxmanSmokerboy (holiday fun). :grouphug:

Latest posts

Back