Get well soon

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugsInABox

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
If you were a beekeeper who just had surgery what would you like your employer to send you in lieu of flowers?
BIAB

A large wad of tenners or a cheque for a large amount.
When in this position some years back all I actually got was a get well (and get back to work) card.

Last edited:
Any book recommendations?
'Beekeeping in the Tropics" by Dr Francis G Smith. (orginally 1960, but republished by Northern Bee Books in 2003)

Dr Francis Smith, was for 13 years 1949-62 the 'Tanganyika' Government's Beeswax Officer

Well written, a fascinating combination of information specific to the tropics, which makes for some enjoyable and interesting reading, and a of lot sound, relevant advice that is still applicable in the UK 60 years on.

'Beekeeping in the Tropics" by Dr Francis G Smith. (orginally 1960, but republished by Northern Bee Books in 2003)

Dr Francis Smith, was for 13 years 1949-62 the 'Tanganyika' Government's Beeswax Officer

Well written, a fascinating combination of information specific to the tropics, which makes for some enjoyable and interesting reading, and a of lot sound, relevant advice that is still applicable in the UK 60 years on.
:iagree: I have the original edition, I do like his little paragraph on the BBKA right at the beginning.
He was based at Tabora, which now has an agricultural institute which includes a thriving beekeeping department - it where we send our in country trainers to be taught

Back