Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

BugsInABox 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
If you were a beekeeper who just had surgery what would you like your employer to send you in lieu of flowers?
BIAB

viridens 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
4. Experimenting with Warres after 30 years of Nationals
A large wad of tenners or a cheque for a large amount.
When in this position some years back all I actually got was a get well (and get back to work) card.

Last edited:

Apiarisnt 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Any book recommendations?
'Beekeeping in the Tropics" by Dr Francis G Smith. (orginally 1960, but republished by Northern Bee Books in 2003)

Dr Francis Smith, was for 13 years 1949-62 the 'Tanganyika' Government's Beeswax Officer

Well written, a fascinating combination of information specific to the tropics, which makes for some enjoyable and interesting reading, and a of lot sound, relevant advice that is still applicable in the UK 60 years on.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
'Beekeeping in the Tropics" by Dr Francis G Smith. (orginally 1960, but republished by Northern Bee Books in 2003)

Dr Francis Smith, was for 13 years 1949-62 the 'Tanganyika' Government's Beeswax Officer

Well written, a fascinating combination of information specific to the tropics, which makes for some enjoyable and interesting reading, and a of lot sound, relevant advice that is still applicable in the UK 60 years on.
:iagree: I have the original edition, I do like his little paragraph on the BBKA right at the beginning.
He was based at Tabora, which now has an agricultural institute which includes a thriving beekeeping department - it where we send our in country trainers to be taught

Latest posts