Get Together

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Just as a matter of interest, as it has been on my mind recently, i am curious to know how many of us on here would attend a get together if one were organised ?

The forum has been running a while, there are lots of us, i for one think it would be nice to see who's who.

Any thoughts.

It would certainly be very interesting, wouldnt it?

Ive been lucky enough to have met several others from off of here last year, at our Queen Raising course.

Think location would be the decider for many, we are from all over the country.

Hi Members,
I think if we are interested in meeting other members then what about a place such as Stonleigh 2010 on any of the 3 days?

Regards;

...and what of those who have no intentions of attending Stoneleigh? Those who work, and relish annual leave, or have other events on on that particular weekend, surely we can do better than that?

Last edited:
I guess the midlands are the best spot geographically, any events there ? i know its difficult, and most probably a big headache, but it does not have to be grand, a BBQ somewhere in the summer sun maybe.

if we cant do a national meet then perhaps local or regional get togethers might develop a bit of interest.

Nice to see you back on here Widders.

Last edited:
Lets Paaaaarty Beekeeper Style

grumpy-old-men.jpg

how about Gloucester Bee Auction?? early May (i've lost the flyer with the date on), I went last year and it was a good day (free to go unlike Stoneleigh which is £2o I think for non BBKA members).

It was a good day last year, and you might see some nucs go for some really high prices!

Chris

We are spread all over the UK so we need a meeting point in middle England ?

I wonder if there would bee an association that might stage the event say one Saturday in June or July. there could bee presentations of pollen and internal organs by myself if required. Mybee others might like to talk on how they got started in the beekeeping world?

Come on there is a wealth of knowledge out there lets hear some of it.

Regards;

It's all very well to think big BUT how about starting small and growing if nec.

Over here we have informal get togethers of beeks and potential/wanabee beeks that involve the equivalent of 3 or 4 counties. Contact is by email and the experienced beeks decide who is going to chat about what, the "meeting" is then open to questions, honey tasting etc. Everyone who can takes a sample of equipment so newbees can compare and make up their own mind, last year we had brood boxes and frames in Dadant, Langstroth, British Commercial and National, Warre and even a TBH:):) Even comparing frame size and weight made for a heated discussion

Three years ago the first meeting was attended by about a dozen, the last one by 40+ so we must be doing something right.
Regards Mike

I did also suggest splitting into Regions, Admin may have a good idea on numbers & where they are, i would fall into the South/South West, and i dont mind driving a few in my car to a meet either.

It would be a shame if we did not bother.

It is a great idea - I think regional meetings would be best - my personal one would be the hartpury auction as it is a good day out and it is a date already set.

Also, if led by someone who is, how shall I put this, considering a move from the dark side ? (LOL) then it could form the start of a meaningful alternative on a regional level anyway.

thoughts indeed.....

regards

S

I will be at the hartpury auction again this year. Some nucs went for £80 last year, I doubt they will be so cheap this year.

Back