G 7 Conference 2021

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I expect a lot of people worldwide will be looking at Google Maps this morning to see where in the British Isles Cornwall is.
George Eustice will of course already know where St Ives is located as he has a second home already in Cornwall where he spends a few weeks of the year when he is not pontificating about environmental issues in Westminster ( Which is in London England)

I had to look on the map to see where Barrepta Cove ( Carbis Bay Beach Resort) was located!

Nice to see that in the past 12 months the rail link to St Ives has ( is) having new rails and sleepers etc and there have been a lot of road improvement projects carried out in the area... wondered where all the Tarmac to resurface the other pot hole ridden roads in Cornwall had gone to.

I am just wondering how all this will pan out... and perhaps hope some of the wealth generated by the G7 conference will filter down or even highlight the lack of housing... let alone affordable housing to those young people who live an work !! in Cornwall.

Perhaps someone would like to take Bumbling Boris by the hand and show him around some of the poverty in Penzance, Redruth, Bodmin... St Austell....... that is if he is still Prime Minister by June!

Chons da

Over to Extinction Rebellion/ Friends of the Earth et al

Mods will move this thread to Politicks

Feel free to comment and add your thoughts

Just had a look at google maps to find it, too, and noticed a very long sea serpent just surfacing off the beach....

Just glad I'm now shore based - don't think I (or my Liver) could cope with a few months down there on patrol, but I'm sure the locals will be grateful to my old shipmates for their selfless efforts to help invigorate the gene pool

Just glad I'm now shore based - don't think I (or my Liver) could cope with a few months down there on patrol, but I'm sure the locals will be grateful to my old shipmates for their selfless efforts to help invigorate the gene pool

A wife in every port.....?

A wife in every port.....?
I knew someone who did have a few - he was very careful that they all had the same first name, but mobile technology buggered him up in the end as he struggled to hide all his phones! :icon_204-2:

I knew someone who did have a few - he was very careful that they all had the same first name, but mobile technology buggered him up in the end as he struggled to hide all his phones! :icon_204-2:
Puts a new stance to the meaning of global warming... now you may be hard pressed to find a girl called "mefangue" in St Ives!

But as a repense as I can not spell here's this!

Or if you prefers a Propper Job

Diolch
Chons da

Last edited:
I expect a lot of people worldwide will be looking at Google Maps this morning to see where in the British Isles Cornwall is.
George Eustice will of course already know where St Ives is located as he has a second home already in Cornwall where he spends a few weeks of the year when he is not pontificating about environmental issues in Westminster ( Which is in London England)

I had to look on the map to see where Barrepta Cove ( Carbis Bay Beach Resort) was located!

Nice to see that in the past 12 months the rail link to St Ives has ( is) having new rails and sleepers etc and there have been a lot of road improvement projects carried out in the area... wondered where all the Tarmac to resurface the other pot hole ridden roads in Cornwall had gone to.

I am just wondering how all this will pan out... and perhaps hope some of the wealth generated by the G7 conference will filter down or even highlight the lack of housing... let alone affordable housing to those young people who live an work !! in Cornwall.

Perhaps someone would like to take Bumbling Boris by the hand and show him around some of the poverty in Penzance, Redruth, Bodmin... St Austell....... that is if he is still Prime Minister by June!

Chons da

Over to Extinction Rebellion/ Friends of the Earth et al

Mods will move this thread to Politicks

Feel free to comment and add your thoughts
There is a fundamental flaw in the algorithms the treasury uses to finance investment which will inevitably fail to provide prosperity to the regions.
It rewards the already prosperous south east because it's shown investment there pays dividends to the exchequer, but this causes a self fulfilling prophesy causing an imbalance of wealth in the country which isn't sustainable, it will break the UK.
Of course I welcome this as Westminster rule is a shite result for Wales.

Puts a new stance to the meaning of global warming... now you may be hard pressed to find a girl called "mefangue" in St Ives!

But as a repense as I can not spell here's this!

I prefer my Father's cousin's version, reputedly voted the finest rendition

And here is another of his which has been aired a lot lately in these troubled times - somewhere over a rainbow

[/QUOTE]

And here is another of his which has been aired a lot lately in these troubled times - somewhere over a rainbow

[/QUOTE]

Very moving. Did you see him in Panto?
1. He died at only age 40. Very sad. Are we allowed to ask what of?
2. "Judged to be the best Welsh singer. He has yet to be replaced". Have you thought of moving on from Eisteddfod and Chapel singing Emyr to take his place? We'll all vote for you as long as you post a vid on here of you singing Myfanwy....:music-smiley-026:

2. "Judged to be the best Welsh singer. He has yet to be replaced". Have you thought of moving on from Eisteddfod and Chapel singing Emyr to take his place? We'll all vote for you as long as you post a vid on here of you singing Myfanwy....:music-smiley-026:
[/QUOTE]
Definitely would get my vote... only given the location of the next summit on global warming and how world leaders can accelerate it... I would suggest Trelawny sung in Cornish... all be it with a Welsh accent!! :icon_204-2:

[/QUOTE]
It was compulsory for all the kids in the village to go tothe Swansea Grand Theatre every year to see him in panto
He died out in New York - he was out there looking at a commission/ job offer of some kind, he was a fantastic stand up comic, he was asthmatic and suffered a massive attack while at a poolside barbecue with friends, he suffered heart failure.
We were amongst the first in the village to get the news - I remember coming home from school and my mother said that my father had received a phonecall and had rushed off to see aunty Nance (Ryan's mother) and help her get organised - Ryan had taken the whole family out with him. I wasn't allowed to go to the funeral but my mam took me over to stand at the bottom of the lane leading to the cemetery so I could watch him pass.

It was compulsory for all the kids in the village to go tothe Swansea Grand Theatre every year to see him in panto
He died out in New York - he was out there looking at a commission/ job offer of some kind, he was a fantastic stand up comic, he was asthmatic and suffered a massive attack while at a poolside barbecue with friends, he suffered heart failure.
We were amongst the first in the village to get the news - I remember coming home from school and my mother said that my father had received a phonecall and had rushed off to see aunty Nance (Ryan's mother) and help her get organised - Ryan had taken the whole family out with him. I wasn't allowed to go to the funeral but my mam took me over to stand at the bottom of the lane leading to the cemetery so I could watch him pass.
[/QUOTE]
I used to drink in the same establishment (llew coch aberteifi) as Ronnie, Ryan's sidekick comedy duo, he liked his sauce to a degree where he'd become morose.
He was a tragic case, never got over Ryan dying, I think he must have been the love of his life, he threw himself off cardigan bridge to drown in the teifi some twenty years ago, so sad as he was a very popular man.
Ronnie's baritone with Ryan's tennor was a common duet on our tellies as I was growing up.

I used to drink in the same establishment (llew coch aberteifi) as Ronnie, Ryan's sidekick comedy duo, he liked his sauce to a degree where he'd become morose.
He was a tragic case, never got over Ryan dying, I think he must have been the love of his life, he threw himself off cardigan bridge to drown in the teifi some twenty years ago, so sad as he was a very popular man.
Ronnie's baritone with Ryan's tennor was a common duet on our tellies as I was growing up.
Ryan just had too much energy, he never stopped, Ronnie unfortunately couldn't take the pressure of constant performances and touring the country - that's when he started to hit the sauce, and caused them to end the partnership in 1975 I think the pressure of work pushed them both near to burnout. He owned the Llew Gwyn in Cerigydrudion but continued to perform, he was one of the stars of Twin Town, unfortunaately he also suffered from depression which saw him end his life in 1997

Ryan just had too much energy, he never stopped, Ronnie unfortunately couldn't take the pressure of constant performances and touring the country - that's when he started to hit the sauce, and caused them to end the partnership in 1975 I think the pressure of work pushed them both near to burnout. He owned the Llew Gwyn in Cerigydrudion but continued to perform, he was one of the stars of Twin Town, unfortunaately he also suffered from depression which saw him end his life in 1997
Ryan also starred in the film version of Dylan Thomas's 'Under Milk Wood' alongside Richard Burton as 'Second voice' He did tell my father (may have been tongue in cheek - you never could tell with him!) he was offered 'first voice' but could not allow Burton to play second fiddle to him!!

Ryan also starred in the film version of Dylan Thomas's 'Under Milk Wood' alongside Richard Burton as 'Second voice' He did tell my father (may have been tongue in cheek - you never could tell with him!) he was offered 'first voice' but could not allow Burton to play second fiddle to him!!
My Mum had a tape of Richard Burton reading Under Milk Wood. It was beautiful to listen to.

There is a fundamental flaw in the algorithms the treasury uses to finance investment which will inevitably fail to provide prosperity to the regions.
It rewards the already prosperous south east because it's shown investment there pays dividends to the exchequer, but this causes a self fulfilling prophesy causing an imbalance of wealth in the country which isn't sustainable, it will break the UK.
Of course I welcome this as Westminster rule is a shite result for Wales.
When in the UK, I asked a UK uncle why not many people lived over in the south west...Cornwall etc. , you know, geographically it looked a good place to live and scenic etc., and he reckoned it was because there weren't many jobs there.

When in the UK, I asked a UK uncle why not many people lived over in the south west...Cornwall etc. , you know, geographically it looked a good place to live and scenic etc., and he reckoned it was because there weren't many jobs there.
Farming and tourism......

Has been more recently a move towards Londerners relocating in the South West as they can work remotely ... if they can get decent broadband connectivity...... most return to the "smoke" after about 2 years as they miss the cultural attractions of the big cities.. the tennis parties... the wine bars, theaters and all their friends ( mostly who think they were mad to move here in the first place)... bunch of posers that do not get readilly accepted into the local farming community, especially when they rock up in a brand new 4 x 4, buy an acre or two for the ponies... put up a stable block, a couple of polly tunels and then apply for planning on the site for 40 new houses!!
Did I mention the Master Beekeepers ( well they had "done a course") who attempted to set an import and breed beefarm ... not a country mile from an ANOB renown for its population of Cornish Native Bees!!!

Could this bee another problem...... mass immigration... as people see what a wonderful place Cornwall is... as images are streamed to the world with the G7 Conference?????

[/QUOTE]

BBC 2 this evening (Tue) 2200-2230 'Funny Nation with Elis James'. A prog about Welsh comedians. The first 15 minutes was about Ryan and Ronny.

Back