Funding

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
At our meeting yesterday, we were talking about our new out-apiary and stocking it.
Someone thought another county had given some funding- as it was to help the environment... (then lottery money was queried. But I have both legs intact and the rest of the criteria is not in question, so that's prob a no-go !!!!)
BUT has anyone thought of such funding- e.g. councils- or has anyone GOT such money.

Yes the CO-OP. I was involved in a CO-OP presentation the other day for computer equipment.

The CO-OP have a donation pot of money they raise to do with their members card etc. The pot is available for local projects, I recon the CO-OP stance on BEEs it should work well!

Some lottery funding was available when our's was set up. Not a lot, but it all helps.

Regards, RAB

Cheers for those suggestions- have applied to Co-op and Lottery today - tomorrow Waitrose!! :cheers2:

The lottery is a bit of a mine field Heather :(.
they insist on every i dotted every t crossed, lose copies, change the rules mid stream , prevaricate then have you start all over again ,stating that your form is time expired. You will get there but a hell of a lot of stamina is require believe me :svengo:.

John Wilkinson

You could go to your local council for voluntary services, they will help you fill out the forms, they are used to the lottery funding forms.
Done that, got the t-shirt and the video. Still resulted in problems :(.
Eventually succeded, but the olympics vacuuming up all spare cash makes one wonder if aversion therapy applies :cheers2:.

John Wilkinson

Done that, got the t-shirt and the video. Still resulted in problems :(.
Eventually succeded, but the olympics vacuuming up all spare cash makes one wonder if aversion therapy applies :cheers2:.

John Wilkinson

I certainly wasn't saying it would make it a forgone conclusion, after all they are human like the rest of us, it is just another "weapon" in your armoury when faced with such a daunting task as applying for lottery funding, I used to use CVS and others when I worked in the voluntary sector seeking funding, as I say, they don't guarantee you getting anything, but they are a big help.

I certainly wasn't saying it would make it a forgone conclusion, after all they are human like the rest of us, it is just another "weapon" in your armoury when faced with such a daunting task as applying for lottery funding, I used to use CVS and others when I worked in the voluntary sector seeking funding, as I say, they don't guarantee you getting anything, but they are a big help.

I didn't think you were:).
I used our local CVS (this guy starts work at 6am would you believe?)we couldn't have managed without him ! but inspite of all his experience and mine for that matter, the time, travel and telephone costs were daunting. We have managed 3 years of funding with mandatary gaps and have yet to get it correct first time of even second :laughing-smiley-014.
I was merely pointing out to Heather not to give up but (as we say in Lancashire)"keep gooin wit'yed down "

John

Na- meyeds oop --filled in the lottery form online so we'll see baht that

At risk of being really controversial how about calling it a research aipary and apply for research funding from Co op, govt, local education establishments, hell why not ask the bbka (bout time they actually did something)

morning heather, your question has two parts to it that you did not realise.

part one is money, if you want to get lottery money employ a proffessional and his fee can be 20% of the amount clamed. the are many out there i have known several clubs use them to good use . as for asking any one else for money i would of thought it was a waste of time at the moment but try the large companies in your area, but your lettter is not the only begging one they have .

part two goods and freebies, now this is where you can make some serious money equivilants but no cash, land is worth thousands per acre so we buy land when a large bussiness can have a corner you can use for next to nothing or rent free( see thread from me about out apairies) and what about fitting it out wood chippins from the tree man palllet timber used to make stands, what you realy need to do is not do any of what you have already down but to phone the local news paper put an eco green style to it and they would love it but if you put a boring lazy bee club cant be bothered to get of buns and sort them sevles out stance you will die, and if you want more help just ask i have raise thousands for charities but be warned my ideas are unusual to say the lest thats why they work

Pete I don't know about professionals and 20% .like Dr Nick says your local CVS should be as good as any professional:) (I speak from experience)
As regards land ,it's back to the co-op, they along with the Church of England being the biggest land owners in the UK and the co-op of course advocating their farm tenants provide apiary sites :).

Good on yer Heather lass!, actions speak louder than words .
With lottery funding you will discover that you need a clear direction, goal, be meticulous in your auditing (you are not an MP don't forget:svengo:). Be as tenacious as a rogue colony and you should get there :cheers2:.

John Wilkinson.
Ps leave the baht out, that's the other side of the hill,it could mean war :cheers2:.

Hmmm Hedgerow Pete -I think I take on board your epistle but doubt I will get you to write the letter:ack2:

Have applied for lottery, Co-op, Waitrose (who do a monthly public response donation) and the local Council - all before 10am today. Will keep you posted.

If all ok will apply for a CVS job too:cheers2:

Have the land for free (it's not what you know...) and I get 3"x3" wood off a building site from a skip for stands -and they load it into my car for me :hurray:
Just off to strim an area- don't stand in my way, lads:driving:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back