• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free swarms

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Smith
Number of Hives
I collect swarms in the local area and I'm just about out of capacity to house them so if anyone needs to make up their stocks in the NW Kent area and are happy to collect let me know. No guarantee that there will be more but just when I thought it was tailing off had to pick up another prime swarm yesterday evening. Would need to sort out logistics but as long as you can turn up at short notice with a hive to tip the bees into things should be straightforward. Alternatively, if you're an experienced swarm collector and just wanted to take over the call I'm quite happy to hand it on. Note that I don't charge for swarm collections so you'd need to do likewise. Swarms are in the Gravesham (Gravesend) area - there are a lot of thriving suburban feral colonies it seems.

Thanks for the PMs,
If I get another swarm I'll phone around to see who's available. If I get several I'll make sure that they're shared out.

I collect swarms in the local area and I'm just about out of capacity to house them so if anyone needs to make up their stocks in the NW Kent area and are happy to collect let me know. No guarantee that there will be more but just when I thought it was tailing off had to pick up another prime swarm yesterday evening. Would need to sort out logistics but as long as you can turn up at short notice with a hive to tip the bees into things should be straightforward. Alternatively, if you're an experienced swarm collector and just wanted to take over the call I'm quite happy to hand it on. Note that I don't charge for swarm collections so you'd need to do likewise. Swarms are in the Gravesham (Gravesend) area - there are a lot of thriving suburban feral colonies it seems.
I have two good hive ,please let me know if you do get any more bees, I will happy to collect any day Thursday to Monday.
Please call 01428683631,0or email
[email protected]

thank you

Swarms are in the Gravesham (Gravesend) area - there are a lot of thriving suburban feral colonies it seems.

Perhaps that is true, but I think you will find its the hundred of new beekeepers coming onboard and swarm taking many by surprise - I have lost count of the number of new beeks and the 'oh they just swarm, again' news.

Sadly many (I and I mean many) have simply gone a bought all the kit, the bees and done no training and have no support.

Feral colonies are doing well too mind.

Jez

Its probably been covered in general but to my mind its gone swarm mad here in the garden of england must have collected 10 between dad and myself and were at capasity now and making nuc boxes like mad.

Just wondered if any oen thought it was more to do with new beeks bad management of feral colonies.

Asking this as a swarm had a marked queen in just reciently (and not one of ours)

marcus

Perhaps that is true, but I think you will find its the hundred of new beekeepers coming onboard and swarm taking many by surprise - I have lost count of the number of new beeks and the 'oh they just swarm, again' news.

I suspect it varies by area of the country. Here there are pestilences of feral colonies that have taken hold in cavity walls and chimneys in suburban housing estates. They swarm on mass every year. People can't afford to have them treated although I suspect that at some point the annoyanc/fear factor will be great enough for people to start their own extermination programme (if they haven't already).

For those that contacted me in the hope of a swarm - since my original posting there've been no swarm calls - just bumble bee panics (interesting to see how many people try and fail to poison bumble bee nests . . . another story . . . ) - so I suspect the swarm season has finally finished here.

Bruce
Im still getting swarm calls, And in Essex Opp Gravesend. I ask for a donation towards fuel and people are happy with that.

I think some of them have turned into robbers and trying it on on one of my hives. They arent winning tho.
Very large,
Very noisy and quite black..

Security Forces are slinging them out without asking for ID.

I think some of them have turned into robbers and trying it on on one of my hives. They arent winning tho.
Very large,
Very noisy and quite black..

Security Forces are slinging them out without asking for ID.

Whether its considered necessary or not my free swarm has been put miles away from my apiary for at least 2 brood cycles. I wont know whether theyre robbers for at least another 5 weeks:.)

I have two good hive ,please let me know if you do get any more bees, I will happy to collect any day Thursday to Monday.
Please call 01428683631,0or email
[email protected]

thank you

it helps to put more than UK, in your profile, can you add a county or town. it does help..its 30c in london and 15c raining in manchester..so advise differs depending on area

swarms

Hi Bruce, looking for 1 or 2 swarms for new beekeepers. happy to collect. if you could text ring when convenient would be gratefull. Thanks John Bennett

Hi Bruce, still looking for 1/2 swarms, nucs, if any possibility pls ring or txt 07958530801. off wk Sun and monday, Thanks John B

Bolton, Lancs, 3 frame nuc (developing on 5 national frames)

For sale 3 frame nuc developing onto 5 national frames, good brood pattern, calm bees, early July swarm.

£75 delivered 5 miles of central Bolton - negotiate for further afield.
Or collect at £125 - you keep the wooden nuc.

Will consider trade or part trade for beekeeping supplies (particularly frames/foundation and hive parts).

Latest posts

Back