Free Queens.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Due to weather some of my nucs have not made the progress I had hoped for. I am going to do some uniting and rather than just kill the queens off I am hoping some one can benefit?

PM me if you are interested.

PH

If only I had some extra bees!

I'm sure there are others that would be interested judging by recent postings.

That is a really nice thought!!!! we would love one but a slight lack of bees, having a week one we are stressing over anyway, stops me saying yes please!!! if a queen with enough bees a bit of sweat and tears may well get through the winter, then how much???? otherwise I hope some people take you up on your generosity.!!

Very public spirited of you! I just wish you had done it 12 hours ago -
I bought a queen only this morning!

Ditto - Just hoping my hive will be strong enough to split early next year...could really do with a second colony for emergencies.

Just a heads up.

I am not going to let these go because some one fancies a queen, they are for rescuing colonies which are in a condition to be rescued.

Be prepared for questions.

PH

right response!! I would grill to make sure they are going to a good home, even though I want one (with bees) I dont think we are in a position to look after them but it doesnt stop my ambition to have a good set in our apiary. Hence an open reply... but if it meant trying to work with and save etc I would love the opportunity however there are better placed beeks out there.

I have a queenless colony that would love a queen. However, I will be uniting it to another as they are both on the small side. But a wonderful thing to offer.

Just a heads up.

I am not going to let these go because some one fancies a queen, they are for rescuing colonies which are in a condition to be rescued.

Be prepared for questions.

PH

Hi PH I don't just fancy a queen. I have 3 hives gone queenless. Merged one with a small colony and another with a large colony. The third I was going to merge with a NUC. NUC swarmed on Bank Holiday Monday, waiting for me!!!. It contains a Q/C but the chances of a succ3essful mating flight are pretty slim. If you had a spare queen it would help me out a lot. If not then I will merge with another hive.

I was planning to get in touch with someone who was keeping a Queen for me. Unfortunately she died last night.

I did my first unite today, all by myself. I think it went ok; I didn't think it was right to keep them hanging on much longer.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and help.

unfortunate death

"I was planning to get in touch with someone who was keeping a Queen for me. Unfortunately she died last night."

The queen or the beek?

Hi PH,

Have PM'd you about Q- situation which I hope you can help with.

thanks

Billy

Latest posts

Back