Free Making Tax Digital Bridging Software?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
As usual,something simple has now become less so :rolleyes:
I’m Vat registered and keep all my accounts on an excel spreadsheet submitting the relevant info directly to HMRC each quarter. For my next return I’m having to go digital, is anyone out there using some free bridging software they are happy to recommend?
A couple of products that have caught my attention for submitting the info on my behalf are Portico Software & Anna - having just looked a little closer at Anna though this seems to be a new start up banking system no doubt looking to pull you into opening an account and charging for their service.
Any Portico users or other systems people are willing to comment on?

in the same boat as you. Looked at a couple of "free" ones, and they seemed OK, but then costs came in down the line etc .
I also wanted something with a bit more to assist with really quite simple accounts, looked at rhino which is free if you're a fed small business member, but again storage of receipt images and invoices was limited to 30 which you'd whizz through and then costs built up .
I have ended up with free agent , which if you are nat west business customer is free for ever. I opened an account , free of bank charges for 18 months too, and even after that my charges will be far less that the software costs would be. Seems quite intuitive too, just done some invoicing and a vat return and it went through easily, can import your data from spreadsheets if that's the way you do things. If everything is this slick on it, I'll save a lot on accountants fees too hopefully

As usual,something simple has now become less so :rolleyes:
I’m Vat registered and keep all my accounts on an excel spreadsheet submitting the relevant info directly to HMRC each quarter. For my next return I’m having to go digital, is anyone out there using some free bridging software they are happy to recommend?
A couple of products that have caught my attention for submitting the info on my behalf are Portico Software & Anna - having just looked a little closer at Anna though this seems to be a new start up banking system no doubt looking to pull you into opening an account and charging for their service.
Any Portico users or other systems people are willing to comment on?
this is who i use, amazing support, very friendly just about £40 a year so not a lot, continually updated. Strong recommendation.
https://neilsonjamestech.co.uk/

Back