Frame tool

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggles

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
loads
Just watching this you tube clip and wondered where I can get one of the frame tools she is using?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7UB6MEEuM[/ame]
Pete

I bought one of them off ebay as the chap who is mentoring me had one and I must say that both of us find it invaluable.

I have one of those (from Th*****) It's not as useful as it might appear. I tend to forget I have it and only get it out occasionally. I don't use it for pulling the frames out as you can't be gentle, it's better for putting them back.
Cazza

I`ve got one but only use it to pull the frames from the Park beekeeping poly nucs.

I guess they're most use with short-lug frames. With a national probably no benefit.

Anyone want to sell one?

Thanks for the replies

Pete

PM me with your adress, you might get an early Christmas present if i can find my spare, i bought one on ebay and two arrived, but saying that never used either, as the j tool is better for my bees who stick everything hard down with propolis

frame lifter

useful for heavy dadant frames and unhappy bees or if you want to take photos.

get them off the nice young lad in Deal on ebay who makes topbar and warre hives. He gives excellent service. i'd recommend him.

I got mine from vectis apiculture.
Came free with a skep.

I use it if the bees start stinging my fingers as I lift the frames.

You have to be careful to remember to keep a tight grip at all times.

I also got mine from vectis apiculture, £16 inc postage for smoker, hive tool, something else??? and frame lifter. Didnt want frame lifter at the time and have never used it but may now reading some of these posts:.) Photos & stingy bees!

Just cleared out my bee shed this afternoon and chucked mine in the bin. Sounds as if I should rescue it and try e-bay.

Only tried it once and could not see the advantage over a J tool and fingers. But no doubt it it works for some. Perhaps I should have persevered.

Rooftops,

One is very useful for 'the colony' that thrives on surplus propolis. I kept mine in the roof of one particular colony. Don't need it for them now, but would not throw it away.

Helps to reduce the propolis transferred to gloves. Nothing to do with stinging.

Regards, RAB

frame lifter advantages

short dadant lugs and non docile bees don't make good bedfellows.

main advantage definitely is for one handed holding for taking pictures - also reduces proplisation of the camera!!!!

Any one notice the natural cammo patterns on the hives?

Looks like hive/honey theft is a problem in USA as well as here :-(

I got one of those frame grips- the springs keep coming off- think now useless. Two hands better

The problem with the frame lfters is that they dont lock when a frame is picked up. When turning the frame around it can be easy to release your grip a little and the frame slips. I prefer my hands.

Latest posts

Back