Foundationless Frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use bamboo skewers.
Two skewers vertically through the bottom bar.
A couple of taps with a hammer to set the point of the skewer into the soft pine top-bar, pinch the bottom bars together and snap off the protruding end of the skewer flush with the bottom bar, add a blob of pea glue to the end of the skewer to fix it to the bottom bar.

I also use a tongue depressor glued into the top bar to give a starting point to the bees.

I have found that the comb is not always straight, so I am interspacing new foundationless frame with drawn comb to give a guide to the bees this season

I use bamboo skewers.
A couple of taps with a hammer to set the point of the skewer into the soft pine top-bar, pinch the bottom bars together and snap off the protruding end of the skewer flush with the bottom bar, add a blob of pea glue to the end of the skewer to fix it to the bottom bar.

I also use a tongue depressor glued into the top bar to give a starting point to the bees.

I have found that the comb is not always straight, so I am interspacing new foundationless frame with drawn comb to give a guide to the bees this season
Great Idea. I think I'll give it a try as there's little else to do during lock down.

Thanks

I use bamboo skewers.

Great Idea. I think I'll give it a try as there's little else to do during lock down.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back