foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivemaker.

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Foundation must be worth its weight in gold, e bay, four idiots sharing seven bids for ten sheets of bs super foundation,now on £8.87, plus £1.63 postage,one and half days to go,you can even buy it from thornes for £5.40. unbelievable. Whoever put this on had the right idea.

Its funny just how many people go above the rrp on Ebay, particularly on second hand goods.
i guess its a sellers dream when the bidding gets personal and people just want to win it.

Right, one massive order in to P. Kemble and off I go.. Woo Hoo...

PH

Bit more than ?108 direct from them, as they then add ?16.30 vat, but on e bay its buy it now price.

True Jim,don't make sense,double values. but the real moneys in the foundation,exchange two or three hundred pounds of wax for foundation,then sell on e bay.

i made a massive boo boo last year selling wax on ebay, i was selling sheets and blocks for beekeepers and candle makers, at £14.50 a kilo plus postage , my mate the muppet who is running all things ebay had an email asking if we could do several large orders, my muppet said easy no problems any amount and we will deliver it for you, we ended up with orders totaling 2135 kilos with a delivery time in four weeks, we brought a van load from poland at £2.50 a kilo rolled but it was a night mare getting it back

yes, forgot about the VAT, but still direct is ?15.70 cheaper

In fairness, the difference is probably ebays huge fees. The profit for thornes (I assume that it is them selling it) is probably about the same.

Should Thornes be allowed to sell on Ebay though ? Its funny how a good idea that makes the general public a few bob is soon pounced on by different companies.

Should Thornes be allowed to sell on Ebay though ? Its funny how a good idea that makes the general public a few bob is soon pounced on by different companies.

Why shouldn't they? It's an open market and buyer beware. Lots of companies have ebay shops and very useful they are too to someone like me who hates muggle cities and shopping in general :)

Frisbee

In fairness, the difference is probably ebays huge fees. The profit for thornes (I assume that it is them selling it) is probably about the same.

Yes that is the case, in fact I sent the ebay sell an email (gill from Thorne) and she just sated that it is to cover ebay fees.

But my point is people still link ebay with a bargin, not so just do a quick google search

I see no reason why Thorne can not sell on ebay. But that is the reason why ebay has chnaged direction. It is no longer just joe bloes selling his odds and sods, it is the likes ot theones and even Argos advertising on there.

Why shouldn't they? It's an open market and buyer beware. Lots of companies have ebay shops and very useful they are too to someone like me who hates muggle cities and shopping in general :)

Frisbee

Snap I am a very long standing ebay buyer, but I would LIKE to think I ALWAYS get a bargin! I also HATE shopping in town but can quite easly spend a few hundred on ebay :svengo: once in a while

Latest posts

Back