foundation for super frames

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahtlinurk

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi

tried to search but couldn't find the answer.
So as my relative drove to England he managed to bring me all the
foundation i had back in my country i hadn't used. about 4 kg of sheets. as it is different size i have to cut it and fit it. I planned to use it in my super frames and as it is unwired the idea of wiring 200 frames seems frightening. The big question is can i use it without wiring. I believe yes but need conformation from experienced.

cheers.
Lauri

I use starter strips, no wires, have no problems. Goes through the extractor with no problems. If I was you, I'd use it unwired & not worry.

wiring 200 frames is a slow and boring job but realy you only do it once, this year i have to make a few 12x 14 frames (900) at least if not more and a few super frames (6,600) hat is if all 150 hives pull through and there will three men several wives and 4 kids helping , I have also still to make around 600 supers, they are cut up but wanting nailing together

Pete I still have 2 piles of supers ready cut that I was meaning to assemble last spring !
You cant rush this beekeeping thing :smilie_bett:

Latest posts

Back