Forum etiquette

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brosville

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
TBH
Number of Hives
following an outbreak of behaviour on the forum warranting Joyce Grenfell's "don't do that George", I felt it apposite to post the following "oldie but goodie"

How many beekeepers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb, and to post that it has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences at changing light bulbs, and how said lightbulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about all the possible dangers of changing lightbulbs.

6 to argue over whether it is a "lightbulb" or a "light bulb”, and another 6 to condemn those 6 as being stupid.

2 industry pros to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

16 know it alls who claim they are in industry, and that light bulb is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs, and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum, saying that we all use light bulbs ,therefore the post is indeed relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy these bulbs, what brand works best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

5 people to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 people to post "I can't see their !@#^%$ light bulbs".

7 people to post URL's where one can see examples of lightbulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly, and then post the corrections.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures, and add "Me Too".

5 posts to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the lightbulb controversy.

4 to say " didn't we go through this a short time ago?"'

13 to say " do a search on lightbulbs before posting a question on lightbulbs.

1 to bring politics into the discussion, by adding that the current president is not the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to post to the original thread 6 whole months from now ,and start it all over again. :D

Last edited:
following an outbreak of behaviour on the forum warranting Joyce Grenfell's "don't do that George", I felt it apposite to post the following "oldie but goodie"

14 to share similar experiences at changing light bulbs, and how said lightbulb could have been changed differently.

6 to argue over whether it is a "lightbulb" or a "light bulb”, and another 6 to condemn those 6 as being stupid.

16 know it alls who claim they are in industry, and that light bulb is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs, and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum, saying that we all use light bulbs ,therefore the post is indeed relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy these bulbs, what brand works best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly, and then post the corrections.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures, and add "Me Too".

5 posts to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the lightbulb controversy.

1 to bring politics into the discussion, by adding that the current president is not the brightest bulb.

1 forum lurker to post to the original thread 6 whole months from now ,and start it all over again. :D

Me too:biggrinjester:

Dont forget the

6 to claim that lightbulbs pose a serious environmental and toxic threat and 17 to counter that they've used them for 63 years without any noticeable side-effects

so true. lol :smilielol5:

Don't forget the:
- 5 to say 'read a good instructional leaflet' before posting on here
- 8 to say that they think a different 'instructional leaflet' is better than any previously mentioned
- 4 to say they got it cheaper on another website and provide the URL
- 1 to say the URL doesn't work can anybody help??

energy saving bulbs are far superior to the old style bulbs, I've used them for a few years now and find them economical, and far safer....but then I'm new to bulbing, so am probably wrong ;) heehee

lamps

energy saving bulbs are far superior to the old style bulbs, I've used them for a few years now and find them economical, and far safer....but then I'm new to bulbing, so am probably wrong ;) heehee

Anyone heard of the new dimable energy saving lamps?:nature-smiley-011:

lamps

Anyone heard of the new dimable energy saving lamps?:nature-smiley-011:

:driving:

633494531723463568-Cluelessness.jpg

Repwoc, here are my superior bulbs. As you can see there are two types, but as I've recently requeened, they will all look like the curlier type when the older bulbs die off. As you can see from the rings on their necks....I am positive these are native, white bulbs, I don't care what anybody says :D

This is soooooo much fun ;)

and dont forget that you are not supposed to throw energy saving bulbs in the bin, and if one breaks you are supposed to evacuate the room....

Kaz - I beg to differ. I would suggest that these aren't light 'bulbs' at all, by definition. Notwithstanding their ability to indeed emit 'light' it is clear that they are devoid of 'bulbs'. Perhaps this post can be migrated to a forum that is more representatitive of lighting 'tubes'? Wait a minute, I think I may be able to find and post a link.....

I like the idea of energy saving builbs.

I just wish they could invent one to give off enough light to read by.

:0)

Latest posts

Back