For the 500th time...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerford

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
National
I have just seen I am half way to 1000. Blimey. All those mis-spent hours in front of the PC on the forum....

...anyway, I would like to say, officially that having got to know you all over the past 8 months or so, it's a pretty good place to relax and throw ideas about. Yes we don't always agree, but that's life (the other option is Communism and that isn't so good).

I am always heartened to see lots of new beeks signing up and asking for help, and I hope that those who watch in the shadows also gain alot from just reading the proceedings.

When I look back at a few of the ideas that have been discussed recently - bulk buying, a new way forward instead of the BBKA and so on I wonder if they will bare fruit or will it just remain a talking point for us in 2010.....I hope not.

Which leads me to a purpose for this thread....if you could invent something for beekeepers to use, what would it be ?

no prizes for the winner !

:cheers2:

S

A bucket of patience.

(So I dinna scream at the news of YET another useless and unwanted hive)

PH

I could do with an air conditioned bee suit and a Queen tracker.

Darren.

A cure for varroa would be top of my list.

then we needn't shove as many chemicals in to the dears.

A book stand that fits inside a hive so that I can leave Ted Hoopers book in there and the bees can learn to follow it.
:cheers2:

I'm one of those who read from the shadows, only popping up very ocassionally with a question.
This is my first winter and I have certainly learnt an awful lot by reading the forum, so I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone who posts here for all their help.

Here's to a sucessful year.

Cheers Si.

Yes, I don't often post either but have picked up so much in the past few months just from reading the threads.
You beeks do get upset with each other sometimes! But it's great to see how very different beekeepers do things and how passionate they get when they know they are right.
I think the most valuable thing I have learn't from this is to expect the unexpected and not be surpised when my bees don't behave by the book.
Thankyou to everyone who posts.

A hive tool with an alarm system that would respond by bleeping when I have lost it- again.
Have 4 and can never find one- or using one, lose it before I have washed it to go to the next hive. :cuss:

Thanks from me too for all the excellent advice on this forum.

Don't worry about passing the 500 mark, Steve - only about 20 or so were any good ;-) Not really, keep it up - your comments here and the taster course we attended at yours have been hugely helpful. (Get the step fixed at the back of that Landy though!)

<Ooops Political>
How about giving each Worker Bee a BBKA membership, so the democratic decision goes in favour of the bees, as well as the beekeepers?
</Ooops Political>

FG

See you (all) at Hampsted in May.

I don't know if it falls under the heading of 'inventing', but I wish I had not spent all that effort over the years learning foreign languages, and had learned to speak bee instead - it would be wonderful to know what they really think (or perhaps, on reflection, it is better not to know!).

<Ooops Political>
How about giving each Worker Bee a BBKA membership, so the democratic decision goes in favour of the bees, as well as the beekeepers?
</Ooops Political>

The only way to achieve democracy within the BBKA is to spend about 300,000 quid - you get a few clubs affiliated (or take over a few existing ones with direct membership) invent 20000 members, pay the capitation fees and then come the next ADM propose a vote of no confidence in the bloody lot of them.

Then you make it one member one vote with the proviso that no one who has served on the executive pre big-bang cannot *ever* stand again for election.

Latest posts

Back