Food hygiene certificate

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.businesscompanion.info/

https://www.businesscompanion.info/en/quick-guides/food-and-drink/labelling-of-honey

https://www.businesscompanion.info/...and-measures/weighing-equipment-for-legal-use

https://www.businesscompanion.info/...-and-measures/packaged-goods-average-quantity

These are the links Leicestershire trading standards sent me.
Hope they are of use to someone.

They also want to come and do a weight check on the jars I fill and make sure I comply with the check weight system. They have targets to meet.
That won't happen until after I have been inspected though.

It all seems like an additional revenue mechanism for the local authorities?

The danger is, (if you ask) they're bound to pass it on to some junior who will trawl through Wikipedia for all sorts of requirements.

What are the plummeting profit margins when all this is built in?
It becomes less of a hobby and more like what we are trying to get away from by keeping bees!

.. will they sell me a doctorate for the same price...

Mostly you have to look abroad & >£10.

However, If you're Famous. . . .

I believe Mr Trump has 4 or 5

Not sure if any establishments were brave enough to award George Bush jr though :svengo:

No one has mentioned lvl 2 anything yet but that may come later.

Basic food hygiene certificate at level 2. You can do it online, doesn't cost much. But Environmental health will insist you have one.

They did tell me that basic advice is free.
If I need more specific advice from trading standards then it's at a cost.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They did tell me that basic advice is free.
If I need more specific advice from trading standards then it's at a cost.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They’ve changed their tune. I spoke to Leicestershire Trading Standards last year. I wanted them to cast an eye over my labels and highlight any issues before I started selling. They offered advice at £53/hour and wouldn’t even talk to me for free!

I’m registered with the local Dnv Health and have been inspected. They were very helpful. One thing to be aware of: the like to see a surface cleaner with a BS number. Inspector recommended one from Makro which cost about £4.

If you search for beekeeping HCAPP there is a downloadable document from an apiary in Derby which has all the hazards and motivations already. A good starting point.

They’ve changed their tune. I spoke to Leicestershire Trading Standards last year. I wanted them to cast an eye over my labels and highlight any issues before I started selling. They offered advice at £53/hour and wouldn’t even talk to me for free!

I’m registered with the local Dnv Health and have been inspected. They were very helpful. One thing to be aware of: the like to see a surface cleaner with a BS number. Inspector recommended one from Makro which cost about £4.

If you search for beekeeping HCAPP there is a downloadable document from an apiary in Derby which has all the hazards and motivations already. A good starting point.
Good point
That was highlighted in our recent HC level 2 !!!

Chons da

Good point

That was highlighted in our recent HC level 2 !!!

Chons da
Any recommendations for one?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've submitted my food registration form so should be getting a call from the council soon to arrange a visit.

Got my HCCAP, cleaning schedule, cleaning chemical data sheets, honey record sheets, staff training records etc.

Anything I've missed or any tips on getting a 5 star rating?

Sold at a market in Wales a couple of times.....? Never needed anything!. They were pleased to have a new stall!
E

I got told by trading standards I needed all of the above (and probably more) and it was illegal to extract honey with registering as a food producing premises :(

Sold at a market in Wales a couple of times.....? Never needed anything!. They were pleased to have a new stall!
E

They really shouldn't have let you on. It totally invalidates their market insurance.

Latest posts

Back