Fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig1961

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
There are lots of recipies for fondant, but I was wonering if any members have a fave. or do you have your own recipies?

Last edited:
I like strawberry flavoured and then sprinkled with those little shiny balls,the marzipan underneath is good as well.

This thread would be better in the cookery section of the forum.

Ahh... Touchet....
OK.. I would like to make a fondant to feed my bees...... Anyone have a good recipe?

I like strawberry flavoured and then sprinkled with those little shiny balls,the marzipan underneath is good as well.

This thread would be better in the cookery section of the forum.

I Didn't even need to read who posted that! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

This issue has gone round and round for ever on this forum. Why not search the threads and see the multiplicity of responses and stick a pin one or read a book or surf the net as most of us do. Boring, boring, boring.

This issue has gone round and round for ever on this forum. Why not search the threads and see the multiplicity of responses and stick a pin one or read a book or surf the net as most of us do. Boring, boring, boring.

What's up with you? Did you wet the bed or something?

Yes but also just to add ask a question on a forum, another source of information

Not everyone is computer literate, they may only come onto forums when they need help the quickest way of finding something when your not sure is to ask :confused:

Don't know, i'm going to make my own this year, so will let you know if I find one.

I hate cooking, it's almost as bad as shopping, oh well.....

Brian

You need to look at the costs, the time taken and the result. I got 12Kg from my local bakers for £11.

If you have the time and the equipment and the inclination it might be cheaper to make it but if you include your time as well I am not sure making it is cost effective but have a go and enjoy yourself. That is what it is all about.

Not cost effective making it in my view,£8.60 for 12.5kg delivered.

Not cost effective making it in my view,£8.60 for 12.5kg delivered.

Just wondering where i could order some of this from? or any other places/deals.
this is probably more than i need but prefer to have too much than too little.

thanks

Just wondering where i could order some of this from? or any other places/deals.
this is probably more than i need but prefer to have too much than too little.

thanks

B@ko our local Swansea are currently quoting £9.60/12.5kgs min £50 collected or £100 for delivery but they've not said if that includes del.

Just gone up from £8.60 to £8.90 for 12.5kg from my supplier. Free delivery though.

I used it this week

Eureka! Have just made a kilo of fondant for 82p.

So I won't be buying readymade - not until I am blessed with a great many more colonies, anyway!

Two comments to the recipe given above:

Don't even try to guess the soft ball stage based on apparent boiling speed and dropping drips in cold water unless you're experienced and know what you're doing. Beg, borrow or steal a sugar thermometer. (Other half used it to make some very toothsome fudge out of my first (non-thermometer) ruined batch of 'fondant' so it's not just a beekeeping investment).

When you reach the kneading stage and it's most 'plastic' it's also too darn hot to touch. however I found a wooden and a metal spatula great for turning and mashing it until it cooled down enough to give it a good pummeling-to.

Result: smooth, silky, shiny fondant. I shall pinch a bit and work in some peppermint oil for sweeties. Sorry, bees!

:Angel_anim:

Back