fondant from bako

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffDale

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
There have been a few suggestions to get fondant from Bako. Minimum order is £100. If I buy a large quantity, can you freeze it?

Cliff

I bought 3 packs for under £30 last winter. I collected.

Got the impression they will sell beekeepers any quantity.

There have been a few suggestions to get fondant from Bako. Minimum order is £100. If I buy a large quantity, can you freeze it?

Cliff
You don't need to freeze it. £8.95 box

Last edited:
Who sells it at £8.95 sounds a bargain!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, I went on the web site and it said min order £100.
I'll phone them tomorrow.

Cliff

Account open, thanks HM, they seem to know a mutual contact in the gloucester area LOL They are having too many calls from people wanting one or two boxes and thats not their business so local suppliers are ideal.
kev

So lets get some central distribution points set up !!

Who has room and funding to service an area ?
What about you Beebreeder,can you do Wessex ?

I got bako to deliver to a local cake shop (an exsisting customer). No delivery charge and no minimam order.
Dave

Bako fondant available £10.00 a box COLLECTED from SP5 area. PM me to make arrangements, depends how far you want to travel, Wessex area has been suggested?
This post has been authorised by admin.
Kev.

I contacted bako SW (exeter) with a view of getting a dozen or more boxes.

They said the only way I could buy is if I buy a minimum of £100 in BAKO shares to join the right to buy, and then I could place an order.

tempting, but still unsure....

thats right and I have done just that.
kev

Which Bako Fondant do you order, White or Readi Use?

I contacted bako SW (exeter) with a view of getting a dozen or more boxes.

They said the only way I could buy is if I buy a minimum of £100 in BAKO shares to join the right to buy, and then I could place an order.

tempting, but still unsure....

I keep re-reading that to see if I missed something, buy £100 in BAKO shares? since when is that the case, I had a pallet off them last year with no shares ownership

I have just looked up Bako Northwest which covers the Midlands area and looking at their web page
under
Despatch: "For anyone, customer or non-customer, who prefers to pick up their own stock, we offer a very successful cash and carry service, whereby customers telephone in advance to place their orders, which are picked and waiting for them when they arrive."

Customer Delivery: "We currently have no minimum order value in our North-West delivery area. "

Not sure where the depot it, but I will be enquiring, as it's worth knowing and can also be of help to others on the forum.

It's in Preston so not very convenient for you.

So lets get some central distribution points set up !!

Who has room and funding to service an area ?
What about you Beebreeder,can you do Wessex ?

I did this and a few people took me up on it last year, but similar to the foundation club many said they wanted some only a few followed it through with an order. I have an account and can sort what ever people want if needed.

Bako closed their depot in Scotland so I used BFP Wholesale this year. £8.15 for 12.5 kg blocks, cash and carry, no restrictions on size of order. I see that they have a depot in Highbridge, Somerset if that's any use.

G.

Bako nw depot is only 10 mins from me.

Do you get white or readi-use - or even powder? asked above no replies yet. Is there a difference?

Latest posts

Back