Flying.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Is there a special breed of stupid bee that feels it has to fly around in near freezing windy snowy weather or are they on an "essential" journey.

A quick essential ;)- but they can get seduced by snow thinking its sunny- hence the threads about blocking the light that is at the hive entrance

they must be doing last minute xmas shopping

...less stupid than people though...it never fails to amaze me that the supermarkets are stuffed with people braving the weather, buying mountains of food as if to hibernate when the shops are shut for only a day or two at the most.....

the bees were better organised and had themselves wrapped up weeks ago..

but they can get seduced by snow thinking its sunny- hence the threads about blocking the light that is at the hive entrance
This used to be an issue when we used solid floors, although I never had any problem with my bees. Is anyone seeing the same problem with OMF?

Only now at 4.15 have they decided to stop walking and flying and gone back indoors.....

Hi it could also be with bees being out the hive in these weather conditions down to starvation.It has happened in the past when lack of stores has made them leave the hive.

Back