Flybe Initiative - Whatever next?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What next ?
Where exactly in the country are honeybees in decline.
And what happened to the "local is best" bollox they've been selling their members?

Oh god.....not more of you. It was April the 1st and joke was on the name of the company, FLY BEE.

Who one earth thought it real that they were carrying boxes of bees into the passenger cabin??

Phil Chandler for one if you follow Twitter....................and that's even funnier than the joke.

Oh god.....not more of you. It was April the 1st and joke was on the name of the company, FLY BEE.

Who one earth thought it real that they were carrying boxes of bees into the passenger cabin??

Phil Chandler for one if you follow Twitter....................and that's even funnier than the joke.

Exactly and judging by his comments under the video, Phil's not at all happy about being fooled!

CVB

Where exactly in the country are honeybees in decline.

From the winter losses I'm currently hearing about, just about everywhere in the country.
:(

Last edited:
From the winter losses I'm currently hearing about, just about everywhere in the country.
:(
Really ? Locally it doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Time for a forum losses survey? I reckon everyone will know where they stand over the next few weeks.

:icon_204-2: Sense of humour bypass there!

If the lady beek practically shouting "fibbs" about half way through didn't give it away then nothing will!

:icon_204-2: Sense of humour bypass there!

If the lady beek practically shouting "fibbs" about half way through didn't give it away then nothing will!

That was no lady. That was Margaret Murdin, Master Beekeeper, BBKA Trustee and former Chair of BBKA.

The groundcrew flapping their arms at imaginary bees in the intro by the Flybe manager was a bit of a giveaway too, wasn't it?

CVB

I quite enjoyed it. At least it was a darn sight more imaginative than all the pictures of first swarms posted here there and everywhere

10 out of 10 excellent bit of humour :icon_204-2:

That was no lady. That was Margaret Murdin, Master Beekeeper, BBKA Trustee and former Chair of BBKA.

The groundcrew flapping their arms at imaginary bees in the intro by the Flybe manager was a bit of a giveaway too, wasn't it?

CVB

:icon_204-2: As a rule I tend to ignore the BBKA so the credentials of the beek were a mystery to me ;)

I watched it on my phone so I thought the ground crew were fighting over shift patterns or something.... :)

From the beekeepers I've talked to it's much higher up here, 30-50% in some cases. One guy I know who supplies nuc's has never had his order book so full this early. Suggesting the long winter has taken more than it's usual toll on the unprepared.

I take offence at that. Margaret Murdin is one of the most honest, straight talking, and down-to-earth beekeepers I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Remember, when the majority of BBKA trustees were supporting (or failing to oppose) lies and fraud (as later proven in court), Margaret was one of the few who stood up to them. She has been working almost full time for the past two years trying to pull the BBKA back out of the mess that her predecessors had led it into.

I suggest you look her up at the Spring Convention and have a talk to her if you've not met her before.

I take offence at that. Margaret Murdin is one of the most honest, straight talking, and down-to-earth beekeepers I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Remember, when the majority of BBKA trustees were supporting (or failing to oppose) lies and fraud (as later proven in court), Margaret was one of the few who stood up to them. She has been working almost full time for the past two years trying to pull the BBKA back out of the mess that her predecessors had led it into.

I suggest you look her up at the Spring Convention and have a talk to her if you've not met her before.

No offence was intended and I apologise to Margaret if any was taken - it certainly appears that there has been a sense of humour bypass in some parts of Devon - Phil Chandler 10 hours ago about the Flybe April Fool piece "So it was supposed to be a joke. Really, the least funny thing I have seen in years. Stupid and pointless, and I hope it backfires on both parties involved."

I met Margaret at the CBKA's Bit of a Do last year where she delivered a really excellent lecture on genetics. She is a very entertaining presenter and clearly has a wicked sense of humour to be involved in the Flybe FIBBS joke.

CVB

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed it. At least it was a darn sight more imaginative than all the pictures of first swarms posted here there and everywhere

Hey! at 8 a.m on Saturday it was all I had to hand, unfortunately I didn't have the time or equipment to make a hoax mini film.
I didn't see any others but then I only use FB for a few pages (was I the first?) :leaving:
besides, using a goggled picture of a substantial swarm on a leafy tree as a bit of a giveaway plenty on the BBKA bookface page still fell for it. :p
as they did with the film it seems... gullible lot

Latest posts

Back