flowers in bloom

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a bit behind normal years, Hazel just coming in, and bees not very active , but a bit more than the neighbours :angelsad2:
In Eastbourne the hazel on our allotment is just in full bloom with lots of pollen but I haven't been on a sunny day to see if the bees are working it!
Louise

In South Lincolnshire its like a muddy desert!
That said some crocuses are starting to emerge.

I've got some sweet williams that are about to open (VERY early!) - will the bees be interested in these?

They're ignoring my snowdrops and primroses!

"In South Lincolnshire its like a muddy desert!"

isn't it always????

we have just hazel and hellebores in the woods.

everything else partially covered in a thick layer of ice.

Lots of bees topping up at the bottle bank - loads of sugary liquid within!!!!

snow drops are out and hazel/willow soon. I bought 2 little shrubs yeterday, no idea what they are but smell really strong and covered in bees.

Out of interest, how far will the bees travel at this time of year?

Have seen bees on the snowdrops. Crocus also out. Loads of bees flying towards Hazel and Ivy - not sure which they are after - can't quite see through my binoculars! I know its going to get cold again but today feels like spring has sprung. :nature-smiley-011:

Hazels absolutely alive with bee's collecting pollen today,colonys are packing in the pollen in large quantities.

Last edited:
Some willow on a neighbours alottment, my bees don't seem to have found them yet.

Snowdrops are open tho' :)

Saw my first crocuses today, but otherwise just trees round here at the mo. Few signs of life, but my bees are clearly finding something.

Next door neighbour have 2 snowdrops :)

The weather for tomorrow here is looking pretty good forecast.
Hoping to go and have a look and see what they are up to.Quick check of stores and that's it though :)

Bad news guys/girls.

Cold snap coming in on Monday... Snow flurries in South East...
It had to be half term week!!!

Ben P

I have a shrub in the drive and the bees are all over it. Don't know what the h..l it, what on earth it is, but the bees like it...

Brian

just checked my local weather and it's staying @ 8c day temp :)

Daffs are now flowering here :) temps are nice in the day. T shirt time soon when working :D Now wheres that sun cream !

Flowering Viburnum by the dozen are now out in surrounding front gardens just waiting for a warm enough day...

I have a shrub in the drive and the bees are all over it. Don't know what the h..l it, what on earth it is, but the bees like it...

Brian

If it has dark green leaves and heads of little white or pink/white flowers, it's Viburnum tinus.

Latest posts

Back