Flowering today but the bees are huddled indoors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is me thinking it's gorse and I hardly ever see a bee on it in my locale. Spoilt for choice.

I think it's gorse - too prickly to be broom
I agree, maybe a caltivar wild gorse has all yellow flowers.
I find gorse is foraged on up here in the autumn and early spring.
I've watched the bees working gorse on many occasions.

My Cornish black bees were all over the Daphne today..... dizzy 12 degrees and sunny here in the
Greatgreygreenslimeymightytamarrivervalleyallsetaboutwithcovisiotisolatinglondonersecondhomeowners!
Chons da

My Cornish black bees were all over the Daphne today..... dizzy 12 degrees and sunny here in the
Greatgreygreenslimeymightytamarrivervalleyallsetaboutwithcovisiotisolatinglondonersecondhomeowners!
Chons da
What a contrast in temps - 3 here and snow on the ground. IMG_20210123_110324.jpg
More snow forcasted tomorrow. IMG_20210123_110330.jpg

Chons da

Whosoldthemthehomesinthefirstplace ;)

Mark, this is broom, does look similar but blooms in May (might be April in your area!)
We have broom here on the hill it has two tone flowers, I don't think I have any photos.img_1607698324836.jpg
This is French broom it was flowering on the 23rd of November.

When the two tone broom flowers I'll get a photo.

Last edited:
Chons da
Glad it was over Daphne, not Shirley.

Latest posts

Back