Flower ID

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margob99

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can anyone tell me the names of these flowers/plants? They look so bee-friendly, and they're very close to my hives, but I've never seen honeybees on them. The pink ones seem attractive to bumbles ...

These are probably quite common flowers, but I'm not from these parts, so still unfamiliar with some of the flora

Ta very much! :)

Can anyone tell me the names of these flowers/plants? They look so bee-friendly, and they're very close to my hives, but I've never seen honeybees on them. The pink ones seem attractive to bumbles ...

These are probably quite common flowers, but I'm not from these parts, so still unfamiliar with some of the flora

Ta very much! :)

White one, according to SWMBO who is far better versed than me in these matters, is a Philadelphus (mock orange) ,and the top right one with the hanging down flowers is Aquilegia (granny's bonnet). Not sure about the other one, unless it's just another view of the Aquilegia

Yes it's an "underneath" view of the same.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for :)

ETA: .... now I wonder why my bees have missed 'em!

I would have thought bees would love Philadelphus. It certainly smells fab to the human nose.

Latest posts

Back