Flower Bulbs out?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
While I remember, have many people got flower bulbs coming up yet?

We have had snow drops for about 2-3 weeks but that is all at present, very apt give the snow falling outside.

Just looking at another thread re forage starting to emerge.

Cheers

JD

Our snowdrops are still not flowering, but I am not sure how reliable a guide they are as the flowering time varies hugely between different sub-species. Other than of course, as a guide to the season year on year for one locaility.

Use the "Frog Index" (first breeding frogs) this year is about 5 weeks behind the best year for my location.

Earliest of our snowdrops have been in flower for 2 weeks now, all the crocuses are up but not in flower. Hazel catkins are beginning to turn yellow but not releasing any pollen yet. Bees were flying today and taking pollen in - from what I have no idea but it was custard yellow:)
:cheers2: Mike

MJBee, I did a double take on your reply, then I noticed its the Dordogne!! sunbeds out already I am sure :)

Snowdrops have been out here for about a week but the daffs are really slow here this year.

LOL Jezd, I reckon we are between 2 and 4 weeks ahead of the south of England weatherwise.

Having said that it was +7c in the shade yesterday but there is still a few patches of snow and the night temp is low enough to give ground frost:(
Mike

it is 9 deg C here today, the Daffs by the side of the road in Yeovil are flowering :eek:

Daffs here too, crocus are up but not flowering yet.

Sting in the tale ,
All the forcasts are for a return to Arctic conditions next week :svengo:

John Wilkinson

Back