Floor mesh@a good price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Epoxy coated is not so good when you need to flame floors off...........

Regards Ian

Hi

I think he is also normally at Stoneleigh, so go along and save postage........

Regards Ian

Hi

Galvanised will last a while and is a little cheaper.

Regards Ian

I use some galvanised, expanded steel ones (four quid a go at Thorn, now). Cheap and cheerful. Generally work well.

If I wanted several I (or somene else) might purchase a full sheet from a local metal stockist and get them to cut it to size. I bought several off-cuts from the Thorne sale which will do for nucs and solid floor cut-outs @ 50p - not worth my time and effort to cut my own (and it helped to make the consignment carriage-free).

Old fire guards, at about 25p or half a quid, from (car boot) sales work just as well, so I pick those up, if I see one for sale cheap. Screens from scrapped combine harvesters is another possible source.

Plenty of cheap and cheerful alternatives if you are prepared to await the opportunities or perhaps you check out the local recycling places. Bees don't seem to mind whether the floors are stainless or galv.

They are not seen, when cut to size and framed into an OMF. They can be used as travel screens on the top of hives and probably have other uses.

I am lucky that I bought a guillotine a few years ago when I saw one at a steam & vintage show and that comes in handy at times.

Regards, RAB

Hi
I think he is also normally at Stoneleigh, so go along and save postage........
Regards Ian

He wasn't at Stonleigh last year, explained that it didn't make commercial sense at that time, so please check with him rather than assuming and being disappointed.

Nice fellah, I shall be needing more this year for OMFs too.

JT Wirecloth had a stand the year before last and sold out an hour after the show opened

Latest posts

Back