Fleabay item too good to be true?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Found this item 270640615268 on Fleabay:

2 national hives (all items used)

Supers

Beekeeping Equip.

Tools

Honey extraction Eqt.

Honey Storage and Feeders

Books

All for £150 buy it now with free P&P

Thoughts??

What extracting equipment included in that price.. An old spin drier??? I see there wasn't a photo of it!

I thought it was too good to be true and it was! I went for it, expecting a message about when it would arrive...only to find that she had made a mistake and had meant to list for collection only but had listed instead for free p&p! I am getting a refund and she will relist - if you live near Dumfries and Galloway...

I thought it was too good to be true and it was! I went for it, expecting a message about when it would arrive...only to find that she had made a mistake and had meant to list for collection only but had listed instead for free p&p! I am getting a refund and she will relist - if you live near Dumfries and Galloway...

A contract is a contract. I ordered a heavyweight biology book (in level as well as weight) and won it for about £3 and £1.50P+P. I noticed it cost the poor chap the best part of a tenner to send it but he honoured the deal without even complaining.

You can ship very cheap now, £10 or £20. She should try parcel2go or someone like that.

Adam

Nah, not worth the fight - as she said the postage would be prohibitive - and having sold on Ebay I know it isn't profit on a plate. An honest mistake is an honest mistake...

so are they empty hives, as the photos seem to show buzzy things in occupance.....?

have you details of the other items being sold?

The detail I know are at the top, as my further details swopped with the 'oops, I have made a mistake' email. They were not containing colonies as far as I know though.

Latest posts

Back