First use for my new Lidl wax melter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onge

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
9 Medium Poly, mostly foundation-less. Some run as Warre TBH
Hi all

Just had to show the first use of my wax melter, before I get wax on it.

This is the first time I have ever had turkey for Christmas!

I'm following the Nigella method. :xmas-smiley-016:

Next time I will be using it for wax. Merry Christmas all.

There's 4 table spoons of the good stuff in there :)

Thats a girls way of cooking turkey...try it the mans way!

Deep fried turkey!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeiLarxGf0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeiLarxGf0[/ame]

Were you brining it or cooking it or a bit of both?? Either way? Yum! Happy Christmas Onge

I dropped heavy hints to family that I wanted one of them for Christmas. I am jealous. Not long to wait for Santa now. K

Were you brining it or cooking it or a bit of both?? Either way? Yum! Happy Christmas Onge

LOL no I'm just using it for brining at the moment :) P.S. even the brine tastes great! so many herbs spices also the magic ingredient honey.

It will be used for wax processing later on in the year.

They are certainly nice size pots for the price arent they

It certainly is. I thought that it was a quail in there at first. The pot must be the size of a modest dustbin. LoL

Yes it's a big pot.

Thats a 10lb turkey in there.

Yes, though not used it as yet.
I was awaiting the sugar thermometer that Santa bought me.

:)

Yes, though not used it as yet.
I was awaiting the sugar thermometer that Santa bought me.

:)

That's a lot of pot to be presiding over with your thermometer if things go wrong Steve . . .
Good luck.

Definitely not a prototyping pot. :)

Used mine for the first time today.

I would strongly recommend that you use a thermometer of some sort to 'calibrate' the settings a bit. There is also a reasonable amount of over-run on the thermostat. So long as this is known, it should not be a problem.

Excellent!

I bought one too! I haven't opened mine yet but I am also going to use it to melt wax. I wasn't too sure if it would work for wax melting when I bought it. so told myself i could use it to cook hams in.

Has anyone actually ever used it to melt wax? A bit worried it may get bunged up.

Just a thought, will you be able to sell turkey flavoured candles to veggies?

Latest posts

Back