First swarm of my bees. A new queen into the world picture

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickndoris

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well. What a morning:)

Getting everything ready to do an A/S but alas was 5 minutes too late. They must have been watching me;-) So they swarmed out of hive 2 and impressive it was too with many bees and a good size cluster that stayed in the garden but roosted on a rubbish tree with many branches but at least very low down. The queen is almost a year old and very good. Mellow to say the least with her off spring. Tried to entice them into a nice new poly hive but alas it seems like they are having non of it. Will leave the hive over them for the rest of today and night as I am now at work:-(

So, to the hive from where they came. Good stores as almost a super full and starting to be sealed.
Into the brood chamber. Queen cells and nice looking ones too. The little smooth ones I took off to leave 3, or so I thought;-) Luckily I had camera to hand as one of the QCells started to twitch and hey presto out she popped! Beautiful red legs and wow, very fast!! I like the way she waved at the camera. I reckon she might be trouble;-)
All back together as soon as I could with her safe as the rest started making a right row almost straight away. Looks like there might be a few battles of the queens in that hive;-)
Hope you appreciate the pictures. I can't tell you how excited I was and I still have a smile on my face:)
R

Ok, wont let me put pictures on here due to an error so here is a link... Highlight, copy, paste into your browser bar the below jumble...

https://plus.google.com/photos/1183...s/5745360877954941617?authkey=CPet4__Hq83ZugE

Latest posts

Back