First frost this morning

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not frost here yet (eastern edge of Exmoor), though I did want to have my coat on when I went out to feed the animals this morning, for the first time this autumn. When the sun was out today the bees were flying, although I think the ivy is almost over now.

James

Down to +2C overnight (shoulder height, shaded, on the back gate) in "White Cliffs Country" but it was the grass that was white at 0730... (first time this autumn) ... and the bees were out and about by 0930...

Poggle, not far from you, -2.5 deg C last night, and drones being thrown out in large quantities today. Winter is coming.

So it would seem although the 17.8 we had today even with the rain and wind is a bit much.

No frost yet here in South London - and it reached 17c again this afternoon. They've all been out and about enjoying themselves and probably coming back hungry so I've put the rapid feeder back on my main colony.

I've just been reading about the battle of Stalingrad.....that part of Russia also had an unusually warm October before a Jan 1943 temperature of -45c

Latest posts

Back