First Cuckoo of spring

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
No, not an observation of the usual forum chatter.
But this early morning as I was letting the chickens out and amongst the spring dawn chorus I heard the first cuckoo of 2022 on the foothills of the black mountain

No, not an observation of the usual forum chatter.
But this early morning as I was letting the chickens out and amongst the spring dawn chorus I heard the first cuckoo of 2022 on the foothills of the black mountain
Getting to be a bit of a rarity down here on the Costa del Fareham, we used to have one in the garden regularly every year when we first moved here 30 odd years ago .... not heard one locally for years now. Mind you .. we also used to get flocks of Dunnocks in the garden and they have gone too ...

Getting to be a bit of a rarity down here on the Costa del Fareham, we used to have one in the garden regularly every year when we first moved here 30 odd years ago
probably because most of the marshland habitat the warblers (their favourite 'host') enjoy has now been 'developed'?

Latest posts

Back